SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all,
Just sitting here after looking at a map of where clubs are in Michigan and noticed a big hole in the NW corner of the lower peninsula.

Would anybody in Oceana, Newaygo, Muskegon, Mason, and Lake Counties be interested in getting together and forming a club? Of course it wouldn't be restricted to just those counties. I was kinda thinking WMDs (West Michigan Detectorists).

I would be interested in it if anyone else is. Drop me a message if anyone's interested. I'll be home from Iraq in the Spring (May-ish).

HH,
SgtSki

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Hey Sarge, I don't know about a club,( I'm not good with commitments) but I do get up in your neck of the woods from time to time. It would be good to meet ya, and maybe do some detecting. Have you ever tried that swimming spot downtown Hespo?
There's some interesting spots not far from your homebase. Who knows?
Just hope for your safe return and maybe see ya after the thaw.
Muleskinner

OP
OP
SgtSki in MI

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was just tossing that out there to see if anyone was interested. No problem. There are quite a few spots around my home. Hesperia's pretty well cleaned out as far as public land goes. I've managed quite a few Barbers and IH's. Even a Seated Dime, a 2c Piece, and two LC's!

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Hey Sgt. I live northwest of Lansing.
Not sure of joining any club.
But I have some ex family members that still live just south of you. I would love to go detecting with some other folks.
Lemme know if that would be ok.

Keep your head down and stay safe.

Mike

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
sounds like we all have the same general thoughts on meeting up. got 5 mo's. to bring it together. sgt ski will have to let us know when since he will come home time with family , etc. where ? we are free all summer except 4th of july wk. we work but travel on wknds. goldie

OP
OP
SgtSki in MI

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, the pickins' are pretty slim in Hesperia I can tell you that. I can pretty much get to anywhere as long as we're not talking Ontanogan or something. If it's in the L.P. I can get there. I should be home in early May though.

HH,
SgtSki

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Hey Sarge keep your head down and be safe.

Hope to link up with some folks next spring from this site to do some hunting.

Thanks for help keeping us safe!

Mike

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I'm just getting into this, I blame my brother-in-law for statring the fire. Anyway I'm in Osceola county & might be interested in a club.

Like the other guys said - Keep your head down, Sgt. Wouldn't hurt to keep your backside down too!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread