Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$(KGrHqJ,!hQFBrh)LDeHBQheg,gO8!~~60_35.JPG

A few days ago, I was helping to clean out the basement of an old house and found a matted and framed version of the above. On the mat it has the following which appears to be hand written: "ALLIED IN HONOUR" Flags are radiating out from the figure of Fredom and are listed again by hand as follows: AMERICA, ITALY, BELGIUM, MONTENEGRO, ROMANIA, GREECE, PANAMA, CHINA, GREAT BRITAIN, FRANCE, RUSSIA, SERBIA, PORTUGAL, CUBA, SIAM, JAPAN. It appears to be WWI vintage (good condition, but slightly faded with soiled mat) and in very tiny letters it says something about Raphael Tuck official printers to her Royal Majesty the Queen. (this is not exact, as I don't have the image with me) It is not post card sized, but much larger (6 x 8 inches). In researching, I found that Raphael Tuck did a lot of stuff in this time period, but seems that it was primarily post cards. Can someone point me in the right direction on where to find some more info. on this piece?

Attachments

• Tuck.jpg
    Tuck.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

ABruce

Apr 11, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
If it was a postcard it would be worth anywhere from $5. to $15. depending upon condition and if it was posted or not. What it's worth as a plain card is anyone's guess.

OP
OP
artemis moon

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is not a postcard. The image itself is much larger than a postcard size.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions