jp sauer & sohnshul model 1913 - 7.65 (32 apc) in 118,xxx range WW1 / WW2

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
made for the "home market" during the later part of WW1 (some were straight bought by the military and are so marked---the end of the WW1 run of guns was about 180,000 --mine has crown over N marking on rear , by trigger and on barrel --many were bought by officers since officers were generally expected to provide their own "side arms" from the approved list of guns -- since there are no "import markings" or the word "Germany" on it upon it, and from the letter styling it is clear that it was made for sale in the "home market" of Germany --- I think it was either a WW1 or WW2 GI "bring back" prize gun -- once I saw it at the local pawn store had to get it. -- a possible dual world war gun and a fine weapon too.

Last edited:

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
The Crown over N on the rear of the firearm is a German proof mark which indicates that the gun uses smokeless powder. This mark was used in Germany between 1893 and 1940. The "N" actually stands for Nitro.

Given the serial number, yours was most likely manufacture somewhere around 1920-1922. Somewhere in there.

And if the gun were an English import, it would most likely have the word "Prussia" somewhere on the gun. They did not use import marks on these guns back then.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
its is for "local use" --it was not for export * no Prussia- or Germany word on it --it has the cut away area on the S & S type grip by the safety and the push up "slide lock" device at the top of the trigger area,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions