Lets see your Curio Cabinets / Displays...

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Let's see your Curio Cabinets / Displays...

I'm in the process of revamping the curio cabinets... some cabinets will be dedicated to Indian artifacts, others to Texas/Civil War relics.

I'm mainly interested to see others ingenuity, and also see some of yalls approaches to lighting, display mounts and stand variations, background materials, etc...

Surely not everyone has just a shoebox full of points, or a stack of plain jane Rikers?

Thanks in advance to contributers!

~Tejaas~

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wall mount

It's not a curio cabinet but here is one of my wall displays I built of WWII ammo found metal detecting in Germany. I have a few other wall displays at work I can take photos of but it's pretty much the same concept. Just like you, I want to either buy or build a curio cabinet for some of my other finds. Hopefully others will chime in and show what they have come up with.

Attachments

• WWII ammo.jpg
    WWII ammo.jpg
    616.3 KB · Views: 168
OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

It's been really slow going, but I started on one of my small cabinets... Here is what I have going so far.

Pretty horrible photo, so apologies must be given!

93ed98125ed9c1bff0532358b56757fe.jpg

The Indian points and assorted display materials down towards the bottom of the cabinet are only temporary... They are stragglers that need to be sorted and catalogued, then moved over into their actual cabinet with the others. More Rikers and standalone relics will take up those two shelf spaces.

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
here's a few pics of what my son and I have found. A work in progress admittedly so we change it around frequently. I like what you've done with your items!
cwstuf4.png cwstuf5.png cwstuf6.png cwstuf7.png

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
here's a few pics of what my son and I have found. A work in progress admittedly so we change it around frequently. I like what you've done with your items!
View attachment 1130359 View attachment 1130361 View attachment 1130363 View attachment 1130364

Very cool!

I like how relatively simple the design of your curio cabinets are... Im not a fan of the fancy, over-styled scroll and inlay designs that are out there these days.

The way you have your artillery pieces on a layer of Minies is awesome!

~Tejaas~

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty sweet. Y'all should take some photos of each shelf for better visuals.

Jan 9, 2015
Scotland
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice choices for how to display your finds at their best.

I really must do something a bit better than stuffing my finds into a drawer.

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

View attachment 1130359 View attachment 1130361 View attachment 1130363 View attachment 1130364

Hey DiggerVet,

I just noticed... Is that a massive war log in the edge of your photos? Or perhaps a siding plank from some historic structure?

A couple months back i was invited to the home of an established collector... He was a previously a 70's era digger in Tennessee on family and friends property. Anyways, he ended up waving a coil over an old still-standing tree trunk and just knew he had a minie or two lodged in there. He and his father took it home, and the next week his dad took it to a friends dentistry practice after hours... A couple of x-rays later.... SIXTY-SEVEN minies were found in a 6 foot length of tree trunk!

The coolest part was that after his move to Texas, he halved the piece and whittled at it in spots to expose alot of the minies... Then poly-spar coated the entire halves to preserve it and kind of "window" the visible balls.... Then incorporated each half as columns on either side of his fireplace.

Really, really unique project for sure.

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread