is this a civil war relic?

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
found these to metal squares. They are 3" wide by 3.5" high. the upper and lower sides have beveled edges about 10-20 degrees in the same direction.

found them in an area about 500 yards from a minor union and confederate calvalry action near a river on the confederate side of the river. a modern day park about 18 years old is the location. so they could be just some metal stuff. too small to be stirrups for a man. each square weighs 3.8 oz. tested with magnet and it is ferrous.

any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• metaljuly192018.JPG
    metaljuly192018.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO .
it's SUPER hard to tell with iron pieces , could be Civil War to 1980.

Best to research look for other pictures of the same or similar pieces found with other CW Relics , or an example of a Tool , Part etc, using the same type Square Iron pieces .

GL With an ID.

OP
OP
pulltabfelix

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the fact that the modern park which is near a small civil war skirmish leads me to believe it is modern. I only found it about 4 inches down. I would expect something 164 years old would be deeper especially that close to the Chattahoochee river bank. It was about 100 yards from the bank edge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread