rancher17

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2018
West Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesaro Vasquez
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had seen a thread in which a user was wondering if their find was a civil war era poker chip (lead), and can't see to find that board. His looks similar to mine that I found a couple of years ago, but my chip had a face inscribed on it, with some lettering on one side. I can't make out the face or lettering, but in a couple of these photos (I color enhanced) if one squints their eyes, you can almost make out a well known general. Ill let you be the judge.

Also, I had some other poker or soldier bored game pieces that I did not know was in my closet for the past couple of years. In this one area, I found some nice mini balls, shot and dropped, and when I found these two pieces of lead, I did not look hard enough. Sure as day, if you look closely you will see a spade and the number 13. The other piece was not as good of quality, but still you can make out what they were trying to carve.

Finds were from and near Warren County, MS area.

Attachments

• collage1 2.png
    collage1 2.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 159
  • collage2.png
    collage2.png
    310.1 KB · Views: 183

HI-McDunnogh

Sep 7, 2018
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds!

What's the size on that poker chip? That engraving looks pretty good for what I imagine is a fairly small piece.

OP
OP
R

rancher17

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2018
West Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesaro Vasquez
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is 1-1/2-in. in diameter, 1/8-in. thick. All lead. I am trying to figure out what coin they used to inscribe the face, as that is what they had to have done. Just haven't located the correct coin.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
In the second pic, in the top left corner, it looks (kinda) like a man w/beard sitting facing you, and you are not quite quartering him, you are to his left if you enlarge it. In the pic not enlarged he looks to be looking to his right and up and away. It also looks to need turning a quarter clockwise. It looks left to right not up and down. But then I have vivid imagination and poor eyesight.
Cool finds, good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread