best small coil for explorer??

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why not look into the good ole Joey coil to? I find it to work lovely, however for VERY trashy ground a smaller one might indeed be better.

FredCobol

Apr 6, 2007
Chandler, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ, White's MXT Pro, White's Coinmaster 2 TR Deluxe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just switched from the 5" EXcelerator to the 6" X 8" SEF (Butterfly) coil on my SE. I have found the SEF to be more stable and have better target separation and ID in trashy areas. This makes it much less annoying to detect in trashy areas since the Explorer SE pretty much goes completely nuts :laughing9: if there are a lot of targets.

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Between the two you have mention and I have had both of them, get the 6" Excelerator it will find deeper coins than the 5". I recently bought a 8" concentric so I had to decide between keeping the 6"excelerator and the 7.5"minelab. The 7.5 in the last 6 years has found me some of my best finds and it hard to let go of it so good bye 6"...

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use my X-12 and X-8 a ton the X-8 is perfect in trash with good separation and still goes down real deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread