Need a new extension shaft

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Last fall I was smart enough to back over the extension shaft of my x-Terra 70. Fortunately I missed the box and the coil. Thank God for duct tape but I really do need a new shaft. Does anyone here know if they sell replacements because I haven't seen any online. Thanks for all the help!

By the way, additional thanks to GoesForEver who set me straight on the better use of my detector. Not getting everything but on the other hand I changed my habits and am finding more. He knows what he is talking about! I think an upgrade to a 10.5 inch DD coil is going to work better at the places I go detecting. I need the extra depth considering some of the area has been forested for a few hundred years and the debris makes it tough to go beyond 5-6 inches.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried to contact Minelab?

OP
OP
DMN

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
I hadn't contacted Minelab because I thought there may have been a retail alternative, hopefully near me. I will give them a shot. Thank you for the reply. :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought about which part of the shaft you broke. Maybe a straight shaft is needed if the lower rod is ok. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DMN

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Luckily it was the lower shaft that broke. That part looks like it can be swapped easily. At least I hope so!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread