Guys, here’s the scoop on the $400.00 Excel 1000!

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
V3i, ETrac, Excal II, Shadow X2, Tesoro Silver Max, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The “Surf Gods” as ya’all say, smiled on me yesterday . . . I traveled 100 miles round trip for this $400 Excal. WHAT A SURPRISE! . . . ABSOLUTELY LIKE NEW!! The guy is young, and “spoiled rich” (his parents were there so I know he wasn’t BS’n me) . . . anyway, he bought it with “envisions of diving for treasure". He had a shoulder accident and that ended that. He said he bought it just before the “new ones” came out . . . Excal II’s? Maybe it’s not as old as he thinks?

He said he put it together, tried it on the beach sand (no water) one or two times and that was that . . . “too complicated" . . . SOOOooooo, there it was, the box, case, scoop, diving rod, charger, and the manual looked like it never had a page turned. . . . I couldn’t believe it. He had charged it a little before I got there and I swept a few coins and rings under the coil and heard the magical sounds of targets! . . . gave him the $$ and came home, wiped the dust off it and the box, and am now charging the battery. Hopefully, I’ll get to try it this weekend. If I like it, I may sell this one and upgrade to the II. :-)

I guess I found “gold “ after all! ? . . . now for some accessories?

:-)))))))

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Sounds like an Awsome Deal :thumbsup:

Too Complicated LOL :D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did real good on that buy or I should say, "steal." :laughing7:

The Excal II won't be a improvment in performance. Though I understand the Hot Lime color is a babe magnet Max tells me.

OP
OP
sjarchangel

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman, maybe I'll get some lime green Gecko stickers and put them on there? . . . that should draw those beach babes!

:-)

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
sjarchangel said:
Sandman, maybe I'll get some lime green Gecko stickers and put them on there? . . . that should draw those beach babes!

Ya want to get them babes then hang $100 bills on it lol

waterfalljay

Jul 23, 2006
Western NC Mtns
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Safari, Explorer SE Pro, & Excallibur II
Glad to hear you were quick enough to get it. Sounds like you got an amazing deal!

OP
OP
sjarchangel

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, Daddy and Mommy were both present and a little "PO'd" that he was selling it since they bought it for him. Like I said, "spoiled rich kid"!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
LOSER ALERT - WARNING WARNING -- parents fault -- they "buy" the snot head -- stuff when he crys "me want" -- mine said find --"you want" --you work fer it --surprizing how well that curbs the "me wants"

at $400 buck new in box basically --well worth the 50 mile each way drive :icon_thumright:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great deal!!!!

I know of someone who recently purchased an Excal 800 at a pawn shop for around the same price. It looks like it was never used and with all the accessories, still in the box. If that person wants to chirp in here he can.

There are good deals out there, one just has to look for them.

Enjoy your "new" machine. His loss is your gain.

Good luck.

saltfisher

Feb 15, 2009
Ephrata PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got that right. I was doing some yard sale hopping today, looking for deals, and found 2 rifle scopes. $10 for both. They retail at $149 each. That should be enough when i sell them to give my money to 4-H to pay off my metal detector I ordered from him.

:)

There are deals everywhere.....

OP
OP
sjarchangel

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I went on my first Minelab Excal beach hunt this weekend . . . it's an amazing machine! . . . like it so much that I ordered a new II ONLY because I've been told the coil is lighter and I'm getting up in years so I think that it may make a little difference with fatigue time :-)

I was hunting a beach known for a shipwreck or two and occasionally coins would wash up, and found on the beach after storms. After about 15 minutes, I had a good signal and scooped up the sand, and as I did so, I saw the glint of gold sliding back down into the wet hole. Needless to say, I was "pop-eyed" and excited. Taking a second scoop before the wave came back in, produced a quarter sized gold coin! . . . unfortunately it turned out to be a gold "Family Fun Galaxy" Token! :-( I found another one and several clad coins during my hunt and was very pleased with the Excal's performance! :-)))

Today I ordered a an Anderson straight shaft, a Sun Spot 8" SS Scoop, and an extra battery pod. Can't wait until they come and I'll be at the beach again! :-)

I wish to thank all of you who have offered advice and opinions through pm's, email's, and postings regarding my questions as to the Excal and various additional accessories and equipment. They have been greatly appreciated!

SJA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread