Explorer SE Pro beach questions

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Did some searching of the forums and could not find the answers to some questions I had so hence this thread. Thinking about getting an Explorer soon.

1. How does it behave in the wet sand (salt water) right along the water line. About 2% of my hunting is on a beach which is too low to justify a water machine. My current detector sounds off like its on speed in the wet sand and is only operable in the dry sand.

2. Is the 11.5 in DD coil waterproof for the times a swing might take it into a wave?

Thanks for any replies, I desperately need a better detector. Currently don't have the funds for one (can afford it but can't afford it) so I'm thinking about doing the Kellyco "No Payment for 6 Months" and see if I can get it to pay for itself before the interest kicks in. (and hoping for a small bonus check in Dec just in case my skills are lacking, will just have to figure out another way to buy the missus some Christmas presents ;D )

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
Explorer behaves on send-wet and dray perfect even on max sensitivity! at least in Baltic sea coast! all minelab coils are waterproof. I am sure other forum users will be more precise and experienced on beaches :laughing7:good luck.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, lots of salt water here and I can go from land to shore with no adjustment and it's just as stable. No problem getting the 11" coil yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread