ExcalII On Land

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Never tried mine on land as it's prohibited over here, but as it's just a waterproof "soveriegn", which are good on land, it shouldn't be any different. Might not get the depth of an Etrac or something, but should work ok. If you don't have a straight shaft or hip mount then i believe the Excal's going to be too heavy and unwieldy...depending on your sites.

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used mine on land and have found plenty of deep and old finds. I wouldn't worry too much about not seeing the depth of the E-Trac. You have the depth of the Sovereign on your side. JMHO

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a friend who used one for two years in farm fields. No problems.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took mine for a walk thru my test garden the other day, it hit coins just as deep as my etrac does. Sensitivity had to be turned up just past 7 to hit the 10 inch coins with a nice smooth tone, any more and the sounds became choppy.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MT Pockets said:
They work good on dry ground..

especially, Mid afternoon when the storms start approaching and your Buddies are running for Cover or the car because their machines will
become ruined when the rain sets inside the controls..

All you need is a $20 cover for an explorer and you're fine! :thumbsup: There's one storm that really comes to mind and we tried to squeeze in a few more minutes in but got caught.

OP
OP
R

Rojas108

Nov 6, 2008
Thanks....tried my Excal at a beach and a playground and got some coins.(my first hunt). Where does everyone keep their pin-pointer and trowel when they are searching?

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had mine in the truck with me last year on the way to hunt in the water, came across a sidewalk replacement in the older section of downtown. So I hit it, found Buffalo nickel, Mercury Dime, Wheat cents and a Lead Seal of some sort with a number on it. It works great, only problem I see is it is rather heavy for swinging on the ground for an extended period of time, but a good workout. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread