upgrade suggestions for Minelab...

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
starting with your next high-end machines...SE and Etrac...and whatever is in the pipeline...

i would like:

built in probe with an extendable coil......

built in GPS locator..and a drop down list of potential targets that i can find a silver dime...locater HERE...select silver dime...records location day time find and then downloads...

this GPS is also a safety issue for lost detectorists....i can pick my starting point ....then hunt in the woods for an hour...then beeline back to the car....

bluetooth...with my cell...so i can be hunting....see a call on my screen...drop my headphone mic...take the call....and get back to hunting...

also potential safety issue...i am hunting by my lonesome...heart attack, bee swarm, stroke, snake bite, broke leg, fall in hole....i push the red button and it sends my GPS to the local authorities...with help request...and my cell phone number...

i want software that will allow me to control settings from my computer at home...i set the detector on the desk...up the software and change settings, check batteries, ....all wireless...wireless antenna is located in the top of the control display..

wireless connectivity to my home network so i can download finds and update software ...no usb needed...

and also want a built in clock that shows detector use time....power is on...clock is running....detector shows hours of use...10 hours, 20 hours....300 hours use...possibly recorded by day time...

just a couple of ideas..so they may sound bogus...but they are just ideas...

RKW

Aug 11, 2010
Four Corners of New Mexico
Good ideas all. Some I'd thought of, others I hadn't. Since we're brainstorming and we are talking high end machines, what about a low-jack signal that would emit from a stolen detector?

OP
OP
leefields

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
RKW said:
Good ideas all. Some I'd thought of, others I hadn't. Since we're brainstorming and we are talking high end machines, what about a low-jack signal that would emit from a stolen detector?

perz act ly.....nice idea....

your machine is checking for local network inside residence...the residence of the sc..bag that stole your detector from the backseat of your pinto whilst you were meanandering along the coastal flood plain...and so it is searching and searching and since all stolen md's are entered into the HAL2010 mainframe...it pops up...screaming...HERE I AM...

nice

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
how about a built in Stun Gun ! anyone other than you touch it and they are Zapped!...."hey honey will you please bring me my detector,i need to check something"...LOL!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a Sovereign with a little more Sensitivity
on deep silver. & at least Half the weight.

The only detector out there that
Scares me to come after
is the Explorer.

the Explorer is So Sweet on deep silver,
if somone were to cover an area completly
with one, & Not cherry pick,
I'd be hard pressed to find anything.

My Only savior is, nobody can get every inch of soil.

but they can get alot of it :o

NoNeck

Aug 31, 2010
Wichita Falls, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Garrett PP, Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some cool idea's and would be very helpful but have you thought of the price tag? Detectors are already costly.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NoNeck said:
Those are some cool idea's and would be very helpful but have you thought of the price tag? Detectors are already costly.

$29.95 :thumbsup:

seriously though, I think prices should come down.

They do on other electronics.
why not detectors ?

I Know Detectors arn't as Popular
& Mass produced for a quarter a piece
like Cell phones & CD Players, Etc.
But realistically the parts being added to
detectors don't cost that much more
every time a new model comes out.

What does it cost to make 1 Explorer ?
$100.00 ?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ideas... and I like how they are all using advanced technology to update these machines which sometimes seem like they should've been manufactured back in the 80's or 90's. :thumbsup: I'm almost wondering if personal mod's can be done by someone who knows what they're doing and can fabricate things. I bet they'd make a good amount of money modding our high end machines, if they can find the time or have been laid off of work for a while. Where there's a will, there's a way!

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread