Welcome China Etrac

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
jeff of pa said:
Indasurf said:
I checked with White's and these are counterfeit cloned machines made in China.

Thanks! (buyer beware) :o :sign13:

If they are Clones, What makes them Inferior ?

the fact People don't like china ?
The Fact they are Counterfeit ?

IF They are Actual Clones,
the only differences I see would be
Price & No repairs

In some cases Considering Price, $400. vs $1500
Disposable mAY still be a good trade off. :wink:

of course i'm still conditioned to want real

The case is cloned with garbage quality parts inside. It's sort of like buying a T.V. off the back of a truck and finding bricks inside to give it some weight. Once you get it home you realize you've been had! Like I said, buyer beware. :wink:

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
jeff of pa said:
Indasurf said:
I checked with White's and these are counterfeit cloned machines made in China.

Thanks! (buyer beware) :o :sign13:

If they are Clones, What makes them Inferior ?

the fact People don't like china ?
It's nothing with liking China or not. A real legit Chinese company might produce high quality electronic parts either for a major branded company or themselves. The copy detectors are from illegal small scam companies that couldn't care a rats a$$ about you getting a quality made product! These scam factories slap something together that looks good from the outside but might not even power up. They close shop fast and move onto another name and location to do the same thing again when the authorities are alerted about them.

Dec 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they are Clones, What makes them Inferior ? The fact People don't like china ? The Fact they are Counterfeit ?

IF they are Actual Clones, the only differences I see would be Price & No repairs

Clarification;

A "Knock Off" is a copy of someone else s design, however, with a Knock Off, it is made obvious it is not made by the authentic manufacture (Different Model Number/Name). Knock Offs some call clones. Some call Counterfeits clones, can be confusing. There really is no such thing as a clone, a clone implies authentic materials/labor contributes. It is either a Knock Off, or it is a Counterfeit. Like generic pharmaceutical drugs, a "Knock Off" is not illegal so long as it is not advertised as authentic, doesn't violate anyone's Intellectual Property Rights, and is obviously not an authentic product (looks).

A Counterfeit is a copy that attempts to pass as the authentic product. Counterfeits are highly illegal in the free world (same crime, same prison time... as Counterfeit Money). If a person buys / owns a counterfeit, they can be arrested, and can have everything used in the commission of the crime confiscated and sold at auction. Including bank accounts, automobiles, houses. Some think, "i paid for it so it isn't theft". Wrong, it is theft plain and simple. Like most crime, a person knows, or should have known, ignorance is never a valid defense in court.

Typically, counterfeits come from / sold by, organized criminal enterprises, not the people one wants to know or deal with. Often, they really just want your financial information for the other parts of their businesses, identity theft and bank fraud.

Often people think, "It's right there on the internet for sale, it can't be illegal". Wrong! Counterfeit products are as illegal as counterfeit $100. bills. And, in the eyes of the law, those who buy/own them are just as guilty as those who made/sold them.

Smart people steer clear from any counterfeiting and anyone dealing in counterfeits. It can end really, really, poorly for the buyer and the seller. It is criminal plain and simple.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab does not sell ETracs anywhere in the world for $400 period. They are counterfeit detectors, you can always tell if a detector is genuine by calling the manufacturer...

Prices depend on the exchange rate of the nation it is being sold in...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
They wouldn't sell them for $400. They might offer them for $200. less than the street price and the buyer would think that's a good deal.
Could be ..Iron Patch .. has got the idea we were talking about now..

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Noting that the terms were a minimum purchase of 10, who would buy them except a dealer?

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can bet it will look like an etrac and that's all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread