Better Coil for Explorer II.....SEF 10x12 or Minelab Pro 11" Coil?

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
Better Coil for Explorer II.....SEF 10x12 or Minelab Pro 11" Coil?

Which is the better coil for Explorer II? The SEF 10x12, or the Minelab Pro 11"? Will the Pro coil work on the Explorer II?

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Re: Better Coil for Explorer II.....SEF 10x12 or Minelab Pro 11" Coil?

I know the pro will work with the expII. I was thinking about buying one for myself. The only thing bad I have heard about the pro coil is the edges of the coil catch the grass making it a rough go hunting overgrown yards and such.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs

best coil original 1050,but even if you have one coil very hard to say if it best, the same coils are a bit different because they are hand made and can be a bit different. you can take tester and test the same Pro, Sef, 1050 and you will see. If you want Pro like said Lostlake its to much edges and holes for dirt. 10x12 sef dont have to say more but had 6x9sef and sold it. my suggestion buy four 1050 coils and choose one best, the same with other coils.

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro

i have both coils on my se pro like them both the pro coil does catch more brush due to design 10 by 12 more closed and flatter catches less often hard to say wich coil i like the best both are awsome just like the explores they were made for

Ronfrommichigan

Jan 8, 2011
Oxford MI
Detector(s) used
All

I have used both coils.A lot of people like the SEF ,but I think the Pro coil is better, easier to pinpoint and feels lighter.Most of the time I preferr the stock 10 inch coil. Anyway my 2 cents.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

I swapped the stock coil for the 10X12 sef, and my finds tripled, especially in trash, due to the butterfly's superior seperation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread