Cannonball with Explorer (not a find, just a question)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BobinSouthVA said:
I wouldn't want to miss one, but don't really want all metal all the time. Where should my IM be to ensure I hear one?

Thanks and HH.
Bob

On an Explorer II you're safe at -14, it's still fairly wide open but eliminates small iron and still hits cannon balls well. (Explorer SE just double) Running your IM higher there's still a very good chance you will hear one unless it's very deep... but the more disc you use, the quicker the cut off point for depth. To me that -14 setting is absolutely perfect because after so many hundreds of hours using it that way I know exactly how all sizes of iron react/sound.

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Iron Patch said:
BobinSouthVA said:
I wouldn't want to miss one, but don't really want all metal all the time. Where should my IM be to ensure I hear one?

Thanks and HH.
Bob

On an Explorer II you're safe at -14, it's still fairly wide open but eliminates small iron and still hits cannon balls well. (Explorer SE just double) Running your IM higher there's still a very good chance you will hear one unless it's very deep... but the more disc you use, the quicker the cut off point for depth. To me that -14 setting is absolutely perfect because after so many hundreds of hours using it that way I know exactly how all sizes of iron react/sound.

Thanks IP, I should of put my model, it's the SE pro.

So that would be 28? If I remember correctly the max is 32.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BobinSouthVA said:
Iron Patch said:
BobinSouthVA said:

Thanks and HH.
Bob

Thanks IP, I should of put my model, it's the SE pro.

So that would be 28? If I remember correctly the max is 32.

Yep. You might find it's pretty chirpy around iron if you're not used to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread