WOODLAND DETECTORS FIELD TEST REVIEW FOR COILTEK AFTERMARKET COILS FOR MINELAB

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN said:
Dave does great work............
JB....... I would try and stay away from the Bulgin connectors on the coil, After one summer of issues with the connector this is what I found, the connector forms a small one turn TX/RX coil that is in series with the main coil. If the connector is up against a metal shaft, it will generate a signal which will vary if there is relative movement along with falsing when coming in contact with saltwater. Now this is the Bulgin Mini Buccaneer, they do work great for switching out the headphones but not the coil splice.

I have one the Bulgin Mini Buccaneer on one of my Excals with a WOT coil, it has been on there for 2 years with out a single issue. It is held securely in place and there is no play in the cable.... With that said, having Dave hard wire it into the controls is the way to go if you can...... :icon_thumright:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
TH
I have one the Bulgin Mini Buccaneer on one of my Excals with a WOT coil,
TH you have the 900 Series, Mine are the 400 Series, about half the size.....which several had a problem with..

Attachments

• DSCF2013.jpg
    DSCF2013.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 925
  • DSC_8452.JPG
    DSC_8452.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 972

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN said:
TH
I have one the Bulgin Mini Buccaneer on one of my Excals with a WOT coil,
TH you have the 900 Series, Mine are the 400 Series, about half the size.....which several had a problem with..

It was hard enough to do the wiring on the 900 series and get it right, I don't think I would want to do it on the smaller 400 series..

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I do know a couple other hunters that have the 900 and they say they have no problems. Luckly, I came across a good bundle deal on a few excal's so each will have it's own coil. I'll still be using the 400's for the Peltors HP's...Hope to hookup with you and dave in a few years..18 months and counting....

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
JB
To OBN---The Excal that I will be hard wiring the WOT to--Is is Amp friendly? Just curious.

Yes, but just to make sure I'm making a trip upto the Jersey Shores come Mid...Janurary, Going to be hooking up with a few PI hunters to get in a little bit of learning. Will post the outcome a few weeks later..What I expect, Infinium deepest, but by very little..Amped Excal...then the DF, CZ, and Sovereign coming up the rear..There is a chance Terry S...will be there with his Sand Shark. Not a competetion but a learning session about all the detectors, and what setting work best in the area we are hunting..should be REALE good. The excal with Doc's treasure screamer amp and the WOT hits really deep on coins, and large rings but like all big coils ..she lacks on the smaller deeper gold....

JoelB

Sep 20, 2010
OBN said:
JBI will be in the OBX that week with a stock excal and one with the WOT and amp. I will keep in touch--Thanks
To OBN---The Excal that I will be hard wiring the WOT to--Is is Amp friendly? Just curious.

Yes, but just to make sure I'm making a trip upto the Jersey Shores come Mid...Janurary, Going to be hooking up with a few PI hunters to get in a little bit of learning. Will post the outcome a few weeks later..What I expect, Infinium deepest, but by very little..Amped Excal...then the DF, CZ, and Sovereign coming up the rear..There is a chance Terry S...will be there with his Sand Shark. Not a competetion but a learning session about all the detectors, and what setting work best in the area we are hunting..should be REALE good. The excal with Doc's treasure screamer amp and the WOT hits really deep on coins, and large rings but like all big coils ..she lacks on the smaller deeper gold....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN said:
JB

I have pulled several small gold items with my Excals and large coils, the smallest ring was .06 of a gram gold ring, every bit of 10 inches deep found using Excal with a WOT. Have found several diamond earring studs with the WOT and the SEF Butterfly coil.....It may not pull up tiny gold nuggets, but I personally have not seen an issue with small gold jewelry, other than thin gold chains which doesn't bother me in the least since there is very little gold in most of the tiny thin gold chains...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread