Excal in for repairs....30 to 40 business day turn around!

Must811

Feb 20, 2006
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Equinox 800, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I shipped my Excal to Minelab Service for repair this week. Got a phone call that the turnaround time is 30 to 40 business days! That is 6 to 8 weeks! Has anybody else had any experience with Minelab Service? Is the turnaround time really 8 weeks?

It will be an interesting comparison....I sent my AT Pro in for repair and I had it back in my hands in a little more than a week...including shipping!

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
It took about 30 days for Minelab to repair and send back my Excal ll. Good luck.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i said it before and a lot of others have said the same thing.................So i will say it again ............ Minelab is not known for good service..............

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Well i said it before and a lot of others have said the same thing.................So i will say it again ............ Minelab is not known for good service..............

Remember Minelab has only ONE repair facility in the United States..........

Personally, I will still take a Minelab Excal over any other water detector, if for no other reason than the ability to tell me when the target is iron..................

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:

Personally, I will still take a Minelab Excal over any other water detector, if for no other reason than the ability to tell me when the target is iron..................
TH........... I never said they did not make good detectors................. I said there service is not that good...........

OP
OP
M

Must811

Feb 20, 2006
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks guys.....

I sent the Excal in for some work about 2 years ago as well and had it back in just a few days, so I was really stunned to hear the 6 to 8 week approximation. I was hoping they were just saying that so that I'd be happy when I get it back sooner!

As was mentioned earlier, the Excal is still the #1 machine for water hunting. I really miss it. The AT Pro is ok, but I really feel like I am missing things. Hopefully, there will be some summer left when I get it back!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:

TH........... I never said they did not make good detectors................. I said there service is not that good...........

I know you didn't, I didn't mean to imply you were..... :wink:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must811 said:
Thanks guys.....

I sent the Excal in for some work about 2 years ago as well and had it back in just a few days, so I was really stunned to hear the 6 to 8 week approximation. I was hoping they were just saying that so that I'd be happy when I get it back sooner!

As was mentioned earlier, the Excal is still the #1 machine for water hunting. I really miss it. The AT Pro is ok, but I really feel like I am missing things. Hopefully, there will be some summer left when I get it back!

I have contacts within Minelab I have emailed to see what the current repair time is and if it is possible for it to be repaired sooner.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Must811 said:
Thanks guys.....

I have contacts within Minelab I have emailed to see what the current repair time is and if it is possible for it to be repaired sooner.....

I talked to my friend at ML, he advised me they tend to be a bit conservative with the conversations on the phone with Customers about repair time, they would rather over estimate the time to repair than under estimate the repair time....Repair time currently averaging about 21-25 days on Excals, some other models are less.......

Good luck sir.......

OP
OP
M

Must811

Feb 20, 2006
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Fantastic news! I appreciate the assistance!

OP
OP
M

Must811

Feb 20, 2006
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Re: Excal in for repairs....30 to 40 business day turn around! Updated....

Ouch.....Minelab finally got around to looking at my Excal 1000. Looks like the control board is done for. New board is $800, just for the part. Decided not to sink money into the old one. I have told them to ship it back to me and I'll have to somehow find the cash for a new one.

Really stinks.....I put a new coil on it last year and also sank about $130 into a new battery just a few months ago. Guess I have some really nice spare parts whenever I get a new one.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Excal in for repairs....30 to 40 business day turn around! Updated....

Must811 said:
Ouch.....Minelab finally got around to looking at my Excal 1000. Looks like the control board is done for. New board is $800, just for the part. Decided not to sink money into the old one. I have told them to ship it back to me and I'll have to somehow find the cash for a new one.

Really stinks.....I put a new coil on it last year and also sank about $130 into a new battery just a few months ago. Guess I have some really nice spare parts whenever I get a new one.
Minelab don't like to do to many repairs ....... What they like is to sell you a new detector..........

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
I sent my safari in for service, 4 days left on warranty,
in about 5 weeks I had a brand new one in hand.
I had the pinpoint button stick on my Etrac, 4 weeks later I had my machine back with new control panel/screen, wiring harness, coil, and both shafts.
I'd say that is Great customer service...
I will say I had Mike from Woodlanddetectors on my side,
His support made all the difference, HH All :thumbsup:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
steelheadwill said:
I sent my safari in for service, 4 days left on warranty,
in about 5 weeks I had a brand new one in hand.
I had the pinpoint button stick on my Etrac, 4 weeks later I had my machine back with new control panel/screen, wiring harness, coil, and both shafts.
I'd say that is Great customer service...
I will say I had Mike from Woodlanddetectors on my side,
His support made all the difference, HH All :thumbsup:
Well that sounds like darn good service............. Could be Minelabs service is now what all Minelab users want & need......... Sounds good to me.............

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
just sent my etrac in, guy told me 10-15 business days. they received it today. they are now on the clock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread