just bought a explorer se and need some setting tips!

pistol perfect

Feb 7, 2008
southern california
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug pro

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd build my own disc pattern, start with blank or AM screen, test desired targets (coins), black out around them.

Cuerno

Jan 31, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
I also had a E-Trac and sold it a year ago to buy a Zero turn lawn mower for my two acres of lawn, I then had a friend who was selling his Explorer II so I got it. I read many time about the SE having problems with the factory 10" slimline coil, so after many complains Minelab put a different coil on the SE and called it the SE Pro. So I hope you don't have that coil, if you do gave the slimline take it off and get the Pro coil, it looks very different. The first thing I would tell you is to swing the SE much slower than you swing the E-Trac. I started with a Explorer XS then a Explorer II then the E-Trac and now back to Explorer II. There was only one thing I didn't like about the E-Trac and that was the Ferrous tones and since I mostly used Conduct tones I wasn't to upset like others who mostly used Ferrous tones. The SE and the Explorer both have the high tone ferrous which helps in nail infested sites but when it comes to rusted crown caps sites you need conduct tones. I have many tips from users as far back as 2000 in my computer and I can email them to you if you give me your email.

Rylflush

Jun 7, 2012
Would like that information. My email is [email protected]. Sure appreciate your time, not many people are so kewl and informative. Thanks again and happy hunting and have a grant day!!

Sincerely,
Kevin

Aug 29, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett AT GOLD
Whites V3
Tesoro Tigershark
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I just bought an Explorer II, if you can send me those tips it would help me get started. [email protected]
Thanks

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you bought it from Bart's Big Boys Hobbies as he has the best deals.

firefighter281

Nov 29, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Minelab Se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a great book on Amazon about the Explorer SE and the E-trac, lots of great settings are included

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread