Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope it's alright to post the X-Terra TIDs, for all X-Terras, that I put in a spreadsheet. I tape this to the back of my pinpointer which makes it handy. So when your buddies with other detectors shout out a TID setting, usually in thw 1-100 range, do not fret. Use this chart to set up you X-Terra (all models).

This was transcribed from the best field manual you will ever find, by Randy Horton (aka: Digger or DiggerUSA)
BB

http://www.MyEasyPics.com/is.php?i=931431&img=XterraTID.jpg

http://www.MyEasyPics.com/is.php?i=931432&img=X70001.jpg

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe this is a better pic link:

Attachments

• XterraTID.jpg
    XterraTID.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 5,584

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great post! Thanks for sharing!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great info., thanks for taking the time to post it!

All the best,

Lanny

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen these type ID numbers hundreds of times and they are only a reference.
Due to various parts, components and internal settings not all detectors of the same model are created equal and give the same response to the same target under the same conditions. What numbers I get on a dime might not be the same for you. You just have to learn your own machine and how it responds to targets where your hunting. It might not give the same readings or tones at another location due to EM fields or even temperature. Some even claim it depends if they are wearing their lucky socks. What numbers will everyone get if the target is on an angle as detector reads the return signal?

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman said:
I've seen these type ID numbers hundreds of times and they are only a reference.
Due to various parts, components and internal settings not all detectors of the same model are created equal and give the same response to the same target under the same conditions. What numbers I get on a dime might not be the same for you. You just have to learn your own machine and how it responds to targets where your hunting. It might not give the same readings or tones at another location due to EM fields or even temperature. Some even claim it depends if they are wearing their lucky socks. What numbers will everyone get if the target is on an angle as detector reads the return signal?

Amen to that! These TID numbers are just a baseline reference for X-Terra users. White's and other users have totally different scales and while they may compare settings and readings with each other, X-Terra users are in the dark. And since the X-Terras are fairly new I think many users are new also.

I had difficulty tuning my X-Terra to a real gold sample to get a solid, reliable reading. While the White's guys can swap setting info (at the same site) I was baffled. Until I downloaded Digger's X-Terra tips manual. The machine settings protocol shown in the book are critical. Once you get the sequence down and tune the X-Terra to the terrain then detecting becomes the same as any other detecting. Then the experiences during outings have more meaning. At least we are aware our detectors have been properly setup.

So a White's TID of "72" means nothing to an X-Terra user since the scales are totally different. The X-Terras are so sensitive it is easy to tune out the noise but actually tune out a target. Or get every signal and drive yourself nuts.

Diggers detector setup routine will insure at least an honest crack at enjoying your hunt, and then experience will do the rest. Then the TID numbers will be more relative to the target. That's my thoughts anyway.

As far as I know these X-Terra TID Numbers are the only ones available anywhere. So use what we've got and build on it. All the other TID references don't mean a thing to an X-Terra user. We are different. X-Terras RULE. :)
IMHO BB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread