Looking for a reason to get a Minelab GPX 5000? Check out this!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out the video of a couple super cool finds, regularly pulls targets this deep in the worst ground conditions. It is impressive to say the least. I can make anyone a AWESOME deal on one. Contact me for details!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing stopping me from have a 5000 is the price! I doubt you could cut several thousand off the price to make it affordable. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that stops a few people! Sent ya a PM! :thumbsup:

spear85

Apr 23, 2011
Wow.....

Being an owner of a GPX 5000, i had to click on the thread when i saw it....did not expect to see my own video :hello: HAHAHA

Thanks for linking that, glad someone out there enjoyed it! I always tell myself i need to film more of my hunts but when i get to crackin out there i just feel like it would be a hassle to keep pulling out the camera and film it. I need to work on changing that.

About that pit....as i said in the video the bayonet was the signal that got me into it. As soon as i flipped the plug over the whiskey bottle was exposed...carefully started carving around it and then i saw the clear glass and knew it was a mustard jar(always wanted one!!!) What i still find funny is i was actually cursing the bayonet the whole time haha. I kept trying to carve around the bottles and my digging tool kept hitting iron(my buddies and I kept wondering if it was just barrel band or some other scrap iron). Kept working it and then suddenly my buddy Brian pushed the tip of it to the left and it made the whole bayonet kinda come free and loose...he blurted out OMG u see what that is right?????. He got as excited as i did! I knew as soon as i looked back into the hole when i saw the socket :headbang: What a great rush that pit was to dig. In all i got the whiskey bottle (gave to Brian for his help with moving dirt), mustard jar, Austrian bayonet, 2 Eagle buttons, underwear buttons, couple j-hooks and a few bullets in one corner.

Hope all is well and Happy Holidays!
Barry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions