Help Learning the Excal II

GatorFrog

Nov 26, 2011
SE Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just bought an Excal II and went out last weekend to try it out.
Following some of the tips I found here, my threshold was set just so I would have constant high pitch "buzz", discremination was set a minimum.

I noticed that if i went from wet sand to slightly underwater, the high pitch buzz changed to a lower tone buzz. As a matter of fact, if a wave hit the coil, the buzz pitch would change. I found myself having to make a quick pass over my metal scoop to "reset" the buzz to the normal high buzz...

Is this normal?

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GatorFrog said:
I just bought an Excal II and went out last weekend to try it out.
Following some of the tips I found here, my threshold was set just so I would have constant high pitch "buzz", discremination was set a minimum.

I noticed that if i went from wet sand to slightly underwater, the high pitch buzz changed to a lower tone buzz. As a matter of fact, if a wave hit the coil, the buzz pitch would change. I found myself having to make a quick pass over my metal scoop to "reset" the buzz to the normal high buzz...

Is this normal?

Yep that's normal so try to get used to it, soon you'll barely notice it! For now just get out and hunt, have fun it dose take some time to hear what shes telling you! A GREAT DETECTOR!!!!! Good luck!

Snt

OP
OP
GatorFrog

GatorFrog

Nov 26, 2011
SE Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thaks for the quick comeback :icon_thumright:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gator. It's a great detector. If it's there the Excal will find it. Once you get used to it you'll see that it's a real treasure finder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions