Coiltek 15 inch wot pays for it self second time out!

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the 15 wot coil for my E-trac and I'm glad I did. I used it on a club hunt over the week end and found my first Civil War artillery shell. :occasion18: It was over 2 feet deep. The coil can be a bit tough to use. Every time you bump a little twig it sounds off, but once you get use to that it's great. You can realy cover some ground fast. It's no good in trashy spots though. But that's to be expected with a coil of this size. If you have any questions I'll try to answer them the best I can.

Here's the link to pictures of the shell
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,450033.0.html

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my Excals has a wot hard wired into the controls on it, I have a wot for my sov gt as well as the sef 15x18 inch butterfly for it.... I love the WOT, I have leared how to hunt parks with it and i have recovered pocket spills with it and it is deeeeeep.. :icon_thumleft:

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll be getting a 15" WOT for me SE soon. Can't wait to go back to a few old sites to try and fish out a few more deepies!

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have a 15 x 12 SEF coil on my 1994 era Excal and the other day it was a little rough and cold, so I worked the wet sand and dry sand. I found a kids metal play car-nonferrous about 2 1/2"-3" long matchbox type but older, and it was down about 20"in the dry/moist sand. That has been the deepest I have dug with it. I dont dig iron with it so I dont know how deep it really goes. I am sure the original 8" coil wont go that deep on a little car.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey can anyone tell me what the deepest cw minnie ball you have dug with the WOT? I am thanking about one for all of these hunted out fields here in NC I have been visiting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions