Have to send etrac back

brother steve

Greenie
Feb 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have to send my etrac back as I don't have any volume in the speakers. Went out Friday coin shooting ,just to get familiar with the etrac and was having a good time. Learned a lot and was feeling more comfortable with the machine. Sunday I went to an old site that I was researching and got all ready ,turned on the machine and no volume. Tapped the box once or twice and on it came. Huh? I found a target and put the etrac down to dig and no sound again. This happened a couple of times. Then it just quit. Plugged in the headphones and it worked fine. I called Minelab and they were real nice and told me to send it back they would take care of everything including the shipping. I feel like I sent my kid away to summer camp or something. So ,study up on some sites till she gets back. I did realize through all this ,that headphones bring in a lot more sounds and tones that I did not hear with the speaker. So I am working on some wireless headphones and I will keep you posted on those.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Headphones make a HUGE difference on deep ones. Even a cheap pair helps tons!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"I feel like I sent my kid away to summer camp or something. " :D

I know the feeling. I had to send mine in for an adjustment a couple years ago. Minelab will have it back yo you soon. If you need any help with questions while it is away give us a shout.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
brother steve said:
Have to send my etrac back as I don't have any volume in the speakers. Went out Friday coin shooting ,just to get familiar with the etrac and was having a good time. Learned a lot and was feeling more comfortable with the machine. Sunday I went to an old site that I was researching and got all ready ,turned on the machine and no volume. Tapped the box once or twice and on it came. Huh? I found a target and put the etrac down to dig and no sound again. This happened a couple of times. Then it just quit. Plugged in the headphones and it worked fine. I called Minelab and they were real nice and told me to send it back they would take care of everything including the shipping. I feel like I sent my kid away to summer camp or something. So ,study up on some sites till she gets back. I did realize through all this ,that headphones bring in a lot more sounds and tones that I did not hear with the speaker. So I am working on some wireless headphones and I will keep you posted on those.

I know how you feel... I just sent mine back to Minelab yesterday for replacement.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The speaker went out in my etrac also. I use head phones but it is nice to take the phones off on hot days.

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
keep us (me) posted on those wireless headphones please. i keep stepping on my cord and breaking the connectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions