WOT coil on Sovereign GT and Sovereign Elite falses way to much in salt water?

Dec 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOT coil on Sovereign GT and Sovereign Elite false's way to much in salt water?

Hello,

I just bought a NEW WOT for my Sovereign GT and Elite and it not only is so hard to pinpoint with the gigantic coil it false's alot even with the sensitivity turned as far clockwise. It also loses alot of depth all the way clockwise. In the all metal mode it is even harder to distinguish targets. It has to be either me the operator or the coil. I have the stock 10" tornado and it does fine, but still in the shallow foaming saltwater I have to turn the sensitivity to at least 4 oclock to stop falsing. Now I just bought an older BBS 10" coil used on Ebay and it's heavier, but I can actually run that coil on AUTOMATIC in the saltwater foam and it doesn't false. I found more things with with this used coil. I found a Tag Heuer Formula 1 diver's watch still in perfect working condition, 2 14KT rings, a Tiffany Earring 925 and a 31 gram 925 silver bracelet.

So my question is am I doing something wrong with the WOT? Should I have it on a different setting? Or could the coil be bad? I am wanting to sending it back, because it is really frustrating. Any advice?

Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread