Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its look minelab bought license from Garrett.
What the heck should it look like?? How many shapes and sizes could even be practical??
BE REAL! External appearance reveals NOTHING of it's performance potential!
How about we wait a few more days for the official release, and then for an actual hands on comparison, instead of all of this useless speculation and remarks about what it "looks" like?

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Stasys - I asked a tester/mod about the depth (Digger on Finds). He posted the depth and I tested my Garrett Pro Pointer and posted the results. The sensitivity button has 3 increments up and the 50% more number I gave was at max. I really doubt Minelab bought a patent from Garrett - I mean it's just a small metal detector, nothing secret in there - though it works very very well. The Minelab does have the "DIF" technology, which is patented I would think.

Longhair - :laughing7: I agree, there are only so many shapes you could really make a pinpointer. It is not some secret technology, just a small detector. I do think thus far, as far as VLF pinpointers go, the Garrett is the best of the bunch, but it looks like Minelab just outdid them (depending on the price near you). Garrett, imo, should have come out with an improved pinpointer (e.g. Pro-Pointer Plus) after having the Pro-Pointer on the market so long and then beaten Minelab to the punch.

attempted recovery

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what the heck does it suppose to look like?? A garrett propointer of course, it looks like a propointer,it sounds like a propointer, now if minelab can make it not sound off erratically like the propointer they may have something.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
Garrett, imo, should have come out with an improved pinpointer (e.g. Pro-Pointer Plus) after having the Pro-Pointer on the market so long and then beaten Minelab to the punch.

and raise price too... Minelab with price policy got crazy, only one way up but everything produced in Indonesia ??? :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread