cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a hard time switching from target ID to target sizing and other double function presses on my control box. I know you are suppose to hold it in to get it to change, but most the time it doesn't. Is there a trick to it?
Thanks!
Cindy

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No trick. Push the button to enter Pinpoint mode, then press and hold the Pinpoint button approx 3sec to toggle. PS will be displayed for 2sec when Pinpoint Sizing is selected, and PA will be dislayed when toggled back to Pinpoint Auto. Auto is the default.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Long hair is THE MAN on the 705!

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bart!

Cindy, another option utilized by some is the Prospector Mode. It is a no-motion mode similar to the pinpoint mode, but doesn't ratchet down with subsequent passes over a target, and will allow you to quickly switch back and forth. You can trace the outline of a potential target as you would in PinPoint Sizing, but you wll lose the ID.

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No trick. Push the button to enter Pinpoint mode, then press and hold the Pinpoint button approx 3sec to toggle. PS will be displayed for 2sec when Pinpoint Sizing is selected, and PA will be dislayed when toggled back to Pinpoint Auto. Auto is the default.
Mine must be defective then, I do it right, it just doesn't cooperate! Thanks for the information.

OP
OP
cdsieg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bart!

Cindy, another option utilized by some is the Prospector Mode. It is a no-motion mode similar to the pinpoint mode, but doesn't ratchet down with subsequent passes over a target, and will allow you to quickly switch back and forth. You can trace the outline of a potential target as you would in PinPoint Sizing, but you wll lose the ID.

Good Plan!!! I will use that technique the next time I go out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread