Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Soveriegn Gt tones

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    The TINMAN

Sep 2012
    Bellefonte PA
    Minelab Soveriegn GT
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Soveriegn Gt tones

Picked up a Gt and I know that it takes a bit to get use to the tones of any detector but just wondering if most the tones from the soveriegn should sound like a high tone. Got it when it nulls out on iron and does have a lower tone on a few things but it seeems that alot of things that would come in as a medium tone on my old detectors come in as a high tone on the Gt. Any replies appreciated !
    Any tips on dirt fisng the soil in PA is appreciated and hope I can get to a beach at some point as I understand that this is a true beach vacumh.

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1931 times
    The Sov GT is the best beach detector so far as you don't get it wet. It has to be protected from the salt spray too. All detectors are different on how they report the conductivity of the target. The GT doesn't have a low tone, mid tone and a high tone, as such. It more or less sounds like a strangled duck with a bunch of tones. Basically if the MD makes a sound, I scoop it since I know it isn't small iron trash. The Excal is also good, but it lacks the features of the GT. If Minelab made a waterproof Sov GT they could sell a couple million of them. I know they make a newer CTX, but it costs to much for most hunters to justify. I can afford it but don't feel I need to play with one yet.
    Last edited by Sandman; Sep 30, 2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    The TINMAN

Sep 2012
    Bellefonte PA
    Minelab Soveriegn GT
    Thanks Sandman ! A strangled duck for sure.
    I'll just keep swingin and learn the tones as one should.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8442 times
    You should not be getting a tone on iron when it nulls, a null is loss of threshold, not a tone. Are you sure not in all metal?

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Sep 2007
    Sal Sagev Adaven
    E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,, GB PRO.
    24 times
    Metal Detecting
    The tones of the GT are easy to tell apart after a few days of pratice with it.
    I can have about the same results in a hunt weather i'm using my GT or my E-track.
    One of the key things is a great set of headphones so you know what the tone is telling you.
    I have my GT mounted in a back pack.
    I sprayed the back pack with some fabric gard to help repell moisture from the enviroment.
    Last edited by extractor; Oct 01, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
    I'll just follow you with My E-trac, Sov GT,or GoldBug Pro.

Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    341 times
    Metal Detecting
    The Minelab Sov GT is an excellent machine. The audio on this one really tells a lot about targets.
    willisjj likes this.

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1931 times
    The Minelab Sov GT is one of the best detectors you can own. It excels at the beach because of its depth and being able to sound off on a gold ring or a coin under a piece of iron. Other detectors can disc out iron but also mask out the other target. Not the Sov GT! It is also the king in the parks if you are tired of the displays lying to you telling you you have a dime when it is a piece of junk.
    Sovereign Gt | Lost Treasure Online - Official Website of Lost Treasure Magazine
    Keppy likes this.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** I use only top name brand detectors *****
    1122 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The Minelab Sov GT is one of the best detectors you can own. It excels at the beach because of its depth and being able to sound off on a gold ring or a coin under a piece of iron. Other detectors can disc out iron but also mask out the other target. Not the Sov GT! It is also the king in the parks if you are tired of the displays lying to you telling you you have a dime when it is a piece of junk.
    Sovereign Gt | Lost Treasure Online - Official Website of Lost Treasure Magazine
    ... That is what i always said if you have a Sovereign you got the best detector out there........... And the best detector that Minelab makes ......
    lorraine and Sandman like this.
    "...Let no one know what,were or when..."

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
    63 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Baby that machine if the rumors are true come Dec.31st the GT will end production with Minelab !! what i did is get a target id meter for my GT it really helps id targets until you understand tones better , the GT is one of the best beach and field detector you can get . Good luck Jim
    Sandman likes this.
    If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

4-12-2011 Retired from the Rat Race by Choice

Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    341 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have a killer deal on a Sovereign GT if anyone is interested. Call me for best deal! Bart

Minelab Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    The TINMAN

Sep 2012
    Bellefonte PA
    Minelab Soveriegn GT
    I do get a null on iron, should have ststed that better.
    Thanks Treasure Hunter

us
    The TINMAN

Sep 2012
    Bellefonte PA
    Minelab Soveriegn GT
    Thanks extractor

us
    May 2009
    NJ
    Minelab,Whites
    3 times
    My advice is to lay out different targets in your yard,this way you can get to know the tones ,practice and you will learn what the GT is telling you,

Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    341 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by pongo View Post
    My advice is to lay out different targets in your yard,this way you can get to know the tones ,practice and you will learn what the GT is telling you,
    Great advice! I tape some to big pieces of cardboard and flip them over around the yard. Great way to learn to pin point as well.
    Sandman likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    83+ on the CB List, Hammer time

Dec 2008
    Ocean City / Chesapeake Bay
    ViperII / Diablo titanium scoops
    853 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    CJC has a New book out on the excalibur and several out on the sovereign. Christmas coming.....I just bought 8 for my winter reading....they are hard to set down.And always a good referance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cjc's books.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	687035

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors