Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Some like to make this detecting seem ...compilcated.... Meaning..to make something more difficult when there is no need..........I really can't believe i found all the things i have found over the years..... With out knowing these things...... And i will keep on finding them with out knowing all these things.........

OP
OP
mgtmadness

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
35 pixels high x 50 pixels wide? That can't be that bad.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TreasureNet

Last edited:

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a reasonable request, but the info is in the manual if you look. That's where I got it from.

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when my manual arrives today I will Look.....Just cruisin for tips to help out...... ya know....so I can complicate things more than they need to be and almost assure the fact that I will not be able to recover one useful target....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
when my manual arrives today I will Look.....Just cruisin for tips to help out...... ya know....so I can complicate things more than they need to be and almost assure the fact that I will not be able to recover one useful target....
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing3:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must be related to another member we had here called Overkill Overkill. He would ask the dumbest questions. The screen resolution has no bearing on how it works as the resolution can't be changed by us. You may as well want to know how long the armrest is too. It helps you decide if it fits you. I am not saying you ask dumb questions, just odd ones.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You must be related to another member we had here called Overkill Overkill. He would ask the dumbest questions. The screen resolution has no bearing on how it works as the resolution can't be changed by us. You may as well want to know how long the armrest is too. It helps you decide if it fits you. I am not saying you ask dumb questions, just odd ones.
...... Your right on there Sandman .. overkill is a better word ..

OP
OP
mgtmadness

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
Ok here is a better way too put it. Does it look as good as the V3i screen? Or is it more like a nintendo gameboy color screen?

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you wanting to play video games or detect metal? :laughing7:

It's not picture quality, and it doesn't need to be. Basiclly, each pixel is a target notch, and personally I think that 1750 of them is enough. Or in other words, it's about the same as the V3i.

Do an image search somewhere like google for a CTX3030 screen, or go to the Minelab website....I bet they have a couple pics there somewhere.

Last edited:

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I did download the manual a week ago...just a real pain to read on a computer...I covered the basics,.....and yes I am aware it could be printed off but didnt want to waste the ink....after seeing the manual that comes with the detector...I probably will print it off at some point as the manual that came with machine is barebones...,.....Overkill....not me I am usually a laidback guy....Just not much on Bully's trying to browbeat everyone they come across that asks a question they do not understand or see a need for...And Sandman,...I never asked a question in this tread....I simply made a statement....:icon_thumright:

For those who care....the screen is decent....a little hard to see in certain light...and if you wear self darkening glasses like me it is worse....

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Soupie I meant no disrespect. We sometimes get Archies on the forum that just wanna cause trouble. I too wear darkening polarizing glasses that don't mix well with GPS' and MD'ing screens so I know where your coming from. The screen on the 3030 is comparable to the White's V3i screen. I haven't pulled the trigger on the 3030 yet but a friend has one and she let me borrow it for a while. Doctor Detroit has money to burn, I don't. It is a nice detector, but I would use it only as a water machine and I don't need a screen for that.

Coin Sniper

Oct 16, 2012
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The resolution on the Minelab CTX-3030's LCD screen is 320 pixels x 240 pixels, as stated in the owner's manual. I have no idea what the resolution is on the White's V3i, so I can't help you to answer that question.

I hope this helps a little and HH!

"The only dumb question is the one left unasked."

OP
OP
mgtmadness

mgtmadness

Dec 25, 2009
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
Coin Sniper said:
The resolution on the Minelab CTX-3030's LCD screen is 320 pixels x 240 pixels, as stated in the owner's manual. I have no idea what the resolution is on the White's V3i, so I can't help you to answer that question.

I hope this helps a little and HH!

"The only dumb question is the one left unasked."

Thanks, i downloaded the manual but was using my nexus so I didn't look into it that well. I will probably just get another Whites or 2 or 3 or 4 for the ctx3030 price. Maybe an etrac, 2500 is just too much right now for 1 detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread