cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one else having a problem with the upper shaft coming loose from the control housing? It feels like it locked down good but after several minutes of swinging the loop, the upper shaft works it's way out. Pretty annoying to say the least. Mainly a problem with the big heavy loop on it. Can I just hit the upper end with a little spray paint to help tighten it up or is there a way to adjust the clamp so it will hold?

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure you are putting it all the way in? It goes a bit beyond where it feels like it is snug don't worry you won't ruin it if you push it in far.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also make sure that the locking mech isn't cracked. There have been problems in the past with that, but I thought they got it taken care of. Maybe your's is one of the older models?

Also, try wrapping a layer of 2 of grip-tape to make the shaft about 1-2 thousandths of an inch bigger.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like either your not getting it all the way engaged or the lock is cracked. The shaft goes much further up in there than it looks.

As Jason said the locks do sometimes crack. Use the tape method for now and call Minelab if it it indeed cracked. Couple wraps of good black electrical tape will do the trick!

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you aren't putting it in upside down. All the locks face towards the ground.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread