Difference between the X-Terra 705 10.5" DD 7.5kHz Coil and the 9" Concentric 7.5kHz

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spider-man , I own the 705 with gold pack and i have puchsed the Coiltek 18.75khx and 3khz coils. excellent excellent package. DD is great for small pieces of gold with discrimination from trash. Coilteck coil go deeper and pick up gold and silver excellently.

regards,

M
I've seen the image showing how they detect, but I don't really know what the actual difference in finding things is. Is the DD better? They're both the same frequency, so aside from the actual size of the coil, I don't know what's different. Any advice that can steer me in the right direction would be great.

Making my first purchase soon, and it's either going to be the 705 stock, or the 705 gold pack. If the 10.5" DD is significantly better, I'll go with the gold pack and then buy the 10.5" DD later.

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just call a forum sponsor and see if they can get you what you want. Some sell used items... so if they have inventory, maybe they could just sell you what you want. :dontknow: I would keep the 5x10 DD 18khz personally. But that's just me.

Who might be able to make this happen for me and be able to offer the package I am looking for at a great price with all the extras I need to get started ???

Ultimately what I would like to own:
Minelab X-Terra 705 W/ 10.5" DD 7.5khz Coil
Good set of Headphones!
Pro-Find or GPP pinpointer w/ holder
Lesche Digger w/ sheath
Minelab 705 Rain/Dust cover
Bag, Pouch, hat, etc.

If I could get this exact package I would be a happy new detecting camper! :thumbsup:

I think I wouldn't use the 5x10 DD 18khz coil enough to keep it ... the 10.5 DD should be just perfect for me in what I do, where I detect, the soil we have here, and get the depth I need overall.
Plus price is a issue and I'm on a budget ... not high enough to justify having two coils to start.

If this doesn't work out would I still do well with the 5x10 DD 18khz coil coin-shooting to start off with if I decide to not purchase the 10.5 DD right away? What do I lose between the two overall?

Last edited:

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who might be able to make this happen for me and be able to offer the package I am looking for at a great price with all the extras I need to get started ???

Ultimately what I would like to own:
Minelab X-Terra 705 W/ 10.5" DD 7.5khz Coil
Good set of Headphones!
Pro-Find or GPP pinpointer w/ holder
Lesche Digger w/ sheath
Minelab 705 Rain/Dust cover
Bag, Pouch, hat, etc.

If I could get this exact package I would be a happy new detecting camper! :thumbsup:

I think I wouldn't use the 5x10 DD 18khz coil enough to keep it ... the 10.5 DD should be just perfect for me in what I do, where I detect, the soil we have here, and get the depth I need overall.
Plus price is a issue and I'm on a budget ... not high enough to justify having two coils to start.

If this doesn't work out would I still do well with the 5x10 DD 18khz coil coin-shooting to start off with if I decide to not purchase the 10.5 DD right away? What do I lose between the two overall?
Just call a forum sponsor and see if they can get you what you want. Some sell used items... so if they have inventory, maybe they could just sell you what you want. :dontknow: I would keep the 5x10 DD 18khz personally. But that's just me.
This!
Call Bart @ BigBoysHobbies, Keith @ Fort Bedford, or one of the other sponsors. I know that these two will work with you to put together the package that you want.

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning, Falconman.

I saw your thread late last night, but didn't get the chance to reply.

The choice of coils to optimise the performance of the X-Terra series is a good thing... And I'm glad to see you are carefully choosing what you think will work best for you.

We also wish that Minelab would give us the option to sell the X-Terra 705 with the 10.5" DD.... not doubt that combo would be a hot seller! As you have discovered, it isn't a standard configuration.

I'll second the notion that the Coiltek Digger is one of the best for these machines, and quite frankly it has become the best selling coil for the X-Terra series with my customers. Users have indicated that they don't seem to lose much depth while coin shooting, probably because they can turn up the sensitivity higher than with some of the other coils. It does take longer to go over an area, but the target seperation is outstanding... One of my customers says that after trying all of the other coils you are asking about (less the elliptical HF coil) he might as well weld it on to his X-Terra 705, as he doesn't envision ever taking it off.

Ultimately we are here to help you to get what you want... :) Call me anytime.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We also wish that Minelab would give us the option to sell the X-Terra 705 with the 10.5" DD.... not doubt that combo would be a hot seller! As you have discovered, it isn't a standard configuration.
What I think really sucks, is that the 10.5" MF DD is the standard coil on 705's sold in the U.K.!
I haven't asked so I don't know, but if the U.K. also has a dual coil package made up of the 5x10" elliptical and the 10.5" MF DD.....I'll be genuinely steamed!

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I decide to purchase the 750 With the 105" coil I will be selling the 5x10" DD elliptical coil that comes with the 750 Gold Pack.

Do you think that is something that would sell fast here on the forum?

What do you think the asking price should be New never used on something like this shipped? (will have coil cover as well).

Would it be bad to post a For Sale listing on the forum saying what I am doing so I can have a potential buyer prior to purchasing the 705?

Not a paid sale just lock in a buyer and then once I receive my 705 and get ready to ship initiate the sale and deliver .... is that okay to do in the sale section? Couldn't find anything on that and I do not want to post something like that that is not allowed.

Thanks so much and I look forward to a little extra guidance no how to go about doing this.

Thanks again for all the help! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread