Etracs on ebay

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, people wanting a CTX, or people who bought an E-Trac as their first ever machine and then decided metal detecting wasn't for them.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tax refunds are on there way and they are wanting to buy the CTX...Spring is right around the corner......well...for most of us

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of people watch Diggers and think they can find the same stuff off the bat. Then they learn it is a hobby and lose interest.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I second that. Several of the sellers even state that they are upgrading to the CTX 3030.
Tax time and people are stepping up to the CTX.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the people who have "instant gratification" syndrome. They took the Etrac out with no preparation and didn't find a $20 gold piece in the grass strip in front of Wal-Mart in a 20 minute hunt.
Yep, people wanting a CTX, or people who bought an E-Trac as their first ever machine and then decided metal detecting wasn't for them.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No kidding! Those are the personality types who are only interested in what "your most valuable find" is worth.
Lots of people watch Diggers and think they can find the same stuff off the bat. Then they learn it is a hobby and lose interest.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes I second that. Several of the sellers even state that they are upgrading to the CTX 3030.
Yes but you can not go by that ... A lot of ones that sell there detectors on Ebay ... Give the reason they are upgrading............. But are really not.... got a good buy on one and now trying to make a buck............. And that reason for selling is a good one to draw bidders......

echodog

Oct 29, 2012
Both right tax time upgrade, and my personal favorite... Buy great machine= great finds immediately! Right? Right??!!!! .............. Oh CRAP! If I wanted to work for it I wouldn't of spent 1200 bucks!!! Forget this, I'll just watch some TV show. Dumbness in the hole!!!!!!!!

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upgrading to CTX

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The E-Trac gets a lot of attention for being deep and finding silver. This attracts newbies who want to find a treasure chest full of silver and gold. When the newbie takes it out to the field it beeps and grunts erratically in Multi and they find it heavy and the settings are deemed complicated. All they dig is junk.

So, they get scared. They sell it on e-bay and go back to their Ace250 with the bell-tone. These are the people with their VCR still flashing 12:00.

Some may be getting the CTX but probably more are unable to say honestly that they lack the personal traits necessary to figure it out.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So true! I studied everything I could including Andy's book, the manual and anything I could pick up online before I actually took it out. I have maybe 20 hours on it and have already had several firsts as far as finds go. Several silver and old coins. I love this detector and all of it's pops squeaks squeals etc.. The possibilities are endless with this machine. The target ID is incredibly accurate: I can nearly always tell if it's a coin or something else AND nearly everything that shows as junk turns out to be junk. Can't say enough good stuff. my next big trial is to hit an old very mineralized park I haven't hunted since I had a White's 4900 back in the early 90's. If there hasn't been a MInelab there I bet I will find a LOT of good stuff!
The E-Trac gets a lot of attention for being deep and finding silver. This attracts newbies who want to find a treasure chest full of silver and gold. When the newbie takes it out to the field it beeps and grunts erratically in Multi and they find it heavy and the settings are deemed complicated. All they dig is junk.

So, they get scared. They sell it on e-bay and go back to their Ace250 with the bell-tone. These are the people with their VCR still flashing 12:00.

Some may be getting the CTX but probably more are unable to say honestly that they lack the personal traits necessary to figure it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread