Whats the best Pinpointer? Minelab Pro-Find 25 or Garrett ProPointer? HELP PLEASE

Ignas

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the best Pinpointer? Minelab Pro-Find 25 or Garrett ProPointer? HELP PLEASE

Hey hunters! I need your advice about pinpointers! I just won a contest and I have to choose one, but I don't know which one. Maybe you could tell me which one is better? I have to choose from Minelab's Pro-Find 25 or Garrett's ProPointer. I saw a video on Youtube, that Pro-Find is better in air test, but when they were tried in the soil the ProPointer did better. However, I've heard that the ProPointer is not reliable because it breaks a lot and it gives false signals.
Which one to choose? ???
Help me!!

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Garrett PP and no problems to report as of yet. I would also like to get a Minelab PF.Either way, you will have a good pinpointer.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know where you heard that the ProPointer breaks and gives false signals. To me, that is complete bull $%^t. The ProPointer is hands down the most used and highly recommended pinpointer on this forum. I have no experience with the Minelab pinpointer so it could indeed be just as good or even better. But I simply don't know. Maybe someone will weigh in on how well it works.

Of course, if you don't have to pay for it yourself then why not get the more expensive of the two (Minelab)? You can always go back and buy the ProPointer yourself later since it is less expensive. :icon_thumleft:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its truly a toss up between the two,I own the Garrett PP and have used the Minelab several times as well,Both get the job done swiftly,I would honestly say that one is no better than the other.Id go by price more than brand in this situation,In my experience both pinpointers can do the exact same thing in pretty much the exact same amount of time. Save a few dollars in your pocket and get the garrett.

HH John

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not trying to be inflammatory here, but asking "What is the best of" on a website dedicated to one thing but with varied manufactures is like going on a car website and asking "Which car is best?"

You will get 20 answers and they all will be right and they all will be wrong.

halfstep

May 11, 2010
I don't know where you heard that the ProPointer breaks and gives false signals. To me, that is complete bull $%^t. The ProPointer is hands down the most used and highly recommended pinpointer on this forum. I have no experience with the Minelab pinpointer so it could indeed be just as good or even better. But I simply don't know. Maybe someone will weigh in on how well it works.

Of course, if you don't have to pay for it yourself then why not get the more expensive of the two (Minelab)? You can always go back and buy the ProPointer yourself later since it is less expensive. :icon_thumleft:

I just got one of my garrett pro pointers back last week. I sent it in due to falsing and constant beeping. They sent me a new one. They have had some falsing problems with them but their costumer service is great. I had a new one in 13 days so I can't complain. I would like to try a minelab profind someday. I would suggest the garrett due to a great pin pointer with great customer service.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not trying to be inflammatory here, but asking "What is the best of" on a website dedicated to one thing but with varied manufactures is like going on a car website and asking "Which car is best?"

You will get 20 answers and they all will be right and they all will be wrong.
They all said Garrett & Minelab are equal .. But Garrett cost less and has better service & if Garrett breaks they will send you a new one at no cost......

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Only problem Is Clearing the Mud and Dirt out of the Speaker hole Just a Light washing and and Ocasional Tooth pick, No Problems!!! It only takes A Minute!! It Is the Best Tool I Have Ever Bought!!! Yes It is A Tool, And It can Stand Up to the Punishment I Put It Through!!!! I Have Probed , Punished, And Pried Large Items out of the Ground With it Its Scrached Dented And Ugly Now after all Of the Abuse and Is Still Works Great HH Chug

Yep Propointer

OP
OP
Ignas

Ignas

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Money is not a problem, because the pinpointer is a prize for winning the contest. Also I live in Lithuania and not USA, so I believe that if I wanted to send my Garrett pinpointer for repair it would cost a lot... :dontknow:

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the one that has the best warranty

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Money is not a problem, because the pinpointer is a prize for winning the contest. Also I live in Lithuania and not USA, so I believe that if I wanted to send my Garrett pinpointer for repair it would cost a lot... :dontknow:

Would the Minelab be easier to deal with in Lithuania in terms of warranty? If so then I'd go with that one. It appears that they are both very comparable in capabilities so pick the one that you will have the easiest time getting serviced.

OP
OP
Ignas

Ignas

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the organizer of the contest is an official dealer of both Garrett and Minelab. Of course and other metal detector makers. In their page they write that they give 2 year warranty. So we can say that the warranty of both pinpointers is the same.. Decisions decisions decisions... :dontknow:

Last edited:

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs

For winning what contest so nice prize :icon_scratch:. GArret repairs in Europe-Germany too. Its look like Minelab bought patent from Garrett, suspiciously similar they are.

OP
OP
Ignas

Ignas

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for Your opinion guys I've chosen the Garrett's ProPointer. Now I'm anxiously waiting for it to come!

BillC.

Jan 29, 2013
Thanks for Your opinion guys I've chosen the Garrett's ProPointer. Now I'm anxiously waiting for it to come!

Good choice! I've researched these and found Garrett to be the best choice all around. I just purchased one for myself and another as a gift for my son-in-law. We like how the pulsations increases as the pointer gets closer to the target. Good luck with it.

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Fact is fact...I own one of each and can say without a doubt that the Garrett is much better than the minelab. My Garrett is approximately 6 years old and I have never had a problem with it. When I bought the Minelab it was supposed to be a back up pin pointer but I do not use it because it is weak in both the sound and vibrate. I will purchase another Garrett but will try to get rid of the Minelab when I can. Choose wisely as the more expensive of the two is the worst. Again this is just my opinion...you will make your own decision.....good luck and happy hunting

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They both have an increased pulse when nearing the target.
Good choice! I've researched these and found Garrett to be the best choice all around. I just purchased one for myself and another as a gift for my son-in-law. We like how the pulsations increases as the pointer gets closer to the target. Good luck with it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes you made the right choice with the Garrett..... New Minelabs scare the he!! out of me .. They are made who knows were and break down fast......

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have suggested the ML, the garrett worked great except for it goes spastic sensative and beeps on high mineral dirt sometimes. The ML can adjust down for that, the ProP iss set at full blast all the time. Both work well otherwise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread