Help on digging the Iffy signals on the E-trac

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I used to use a modified A.S. pattern; I had the FE line up to 21 so that only 20 and less were accepted. I had never seen a good target with an FE greater than 20, UNTIL my "best hunt" this January. I had a dime/quarter signal that was popping up no better than the FE 19-20 area (just above my reject line), and NOT consistant. I put the E-Trac into quickmask with a full open screen and rescanned the target. Now, up until now that had always given me a target with FE of 30's, but this was hitting solid in the mid 20s up to about 27. It was about 6 or 7 inches deep so I dug. I was rewarded with a Standing Liberty Quarter, and I then changed my pattern so the FE line was now at 27. It is noisier from falsing iron, but as described above you can determine most of that from a few seconds of scanning.

Of course, chasing a toddler is a huge game changer!

OP
OP
B

Bullhead23

Sep 30, 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Current-Minelab E-Trac, Sunray Pro phones, TW digger
Past-Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know, I used to use a modified A.S. pattern; I had the FE line up to 21 so that only 20 and less were accepted. I had never seen a good target with an FE greater than 20, UNTIL my "best hunt" this January. I had a dime/quarter signal that was popping up no better than the FE 19-20 area (just above my reject line), and NOT consistant. I put the E-Trac into quickmask with a full open screen and rescanned the target. Now, up until now that had always given me a target with FE of 30's, but this was hitting solid in the mid 20s up to about 27. It was about 6 or 7 inches deep so I dug. I was rewarded with a Standing Liberty Quarter, and I then changed my pattern so the FE line was now at 27. It is noisier from falsing iron, but as described above you can determine most of that from a few seconds of scanning.

Of course, chasing a toddler is a huge game changer!

See now your going to have me out there digging every iffy signal I come across lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread