cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry, you'll get better at it as time goes by. Research your sites and put in the hours. If you can find a swimming beach where there are lots of targets of all sorts and at all depths, the learning curve proceeds much quicker.

OP
OP
J

Jermbo

May 7, 2013
I found $1.02 in clad today and no silver again, so i did find more just not silver found 1 more wheat penny too and a 65 quarter so getting closer to finding silver

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jermbo

May 7, 2013
Up to $2.41 in clad and 2 wheat pennies, still no silver I think my ctx may be allergic to silver lol

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find and older, less hunted site.

OP
OP
J

Jermbo

May 7, 2013
Yeah I think the 4 parks on town have been hammered pretty good over the years

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an Etrac and I have had zero luck with parks, have found one wheat in 20 hours at one park! Where are all the 13" coins only Minelabs can find? :icon_scratch::laughing7:
Yeah I think the 4 parks on town have been hammered pretty good over the years

loose change

Greenie
May 16, 2013
I'm new as well . Been going to school playgrounds. Mulch filled play areas. Easy to dig and replace holes. Good place to learn about ur equipment. Finding change and one pendent.
Just take ur time starting out and play with your adjustment to find out what works. I've learned a lot in the 2 times I've been out. Good Luck & HH!

MongoLloyd

Mar 20, 2012
Mendocino County, CA
Detector(s) used
NEW DETECTOR: Minelab CTX-3030
Garrett AT Pro w/ Black Widow headphones; Garrett Pro-point; Lesche digger; "The Bomb #2" Sheath
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not necessarily. Unless you hit every square inch of it, you never know what can be found. We have a small park (about 1/2 block x 1/2 block) near the center of town, but in a residential area. It has been hunted probably thousands of times since the 1950s. I hunted it with my AT Pro and hit a silver: a dollar and two rosies. Just yesterday, I pulled a silver ring (3" down) from another local park that has also been hammered for decades. I find things is obscure places where others tend to not search.

My CTX-3030 will be here in Thursday and I will hunt both parks again in the coming weeks, to see what the AT Pro missed.

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
13" coins? LOL The Minelabs are great for deep coins but I would bet a CZ in the right hands will find much deeper coins with the same size coil. BTW I am a Minelab guy. Luv my Etrac!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I find coins 13" down.....at the beach! :tongue3: I doubt there are many parks with coins 13" down to start with. I love my E-trac too but 13" is a lot to ask of any detector in a park type setting.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all parks have been hunted last summer i found a small town with a population of 98 that had a small park ....13 silver the first day and maybe 40 ish coins out of there so far....now its well hunted lol ;-)

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd imagine there is still more! Not saying there aren't any parks left, it's just the majority I've gone to are really hard to pull anything good out of. At one point I even went out of town looking for them still no luck.
Congrats on finding such an awesome spot!
Not all parks have been hunted last summer i found a small town with a population of 98 that had a small park ....13 silver the first day and maybe 40 ish coins out of there so far....now its well hunted lol ;-)

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a few things that deep with the Etrac.(Just nothing worth mentioning)
13" coins? LOL The Minelabs are great for deep coins but I would bet a CZ in the right hands will find much deeper coins with the same size coil. BTW I am a Minelab guy. Luv my Etrac!

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched all the not-so-obvious spots at this 20's park in town. I hunted it 20 years ago with a Tesoro Golden Sabre for MANY MANY hours over a few weeks managed 1 Barber dime, 1 wheat and one IH. Last time a few months ago: one wheat in 20 hours, just not worth it to me.
Not necessarily. Unless you hit every square inch of it, you never know what can be found. We have a small park (about 1/2 block x 1/2 block) near the center of town, but in a residential area. It has been hunted probably thousands of times since the 1950s. I hunted it with my AT Pro and hit a silver: a dollar and two rosies. Just yesterday, I pulled a silver ring (3" down) from another local park that has also been hammered for decades. I find things is obscure places where others tend to not search.

My CTX-3030 will be here in Thursday and I will hunt both parks again in the coming weeks, to see what the AT Pro missed.

newport74

Aug 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx, Garrett PP,
FYI, Was at the Minelabbing event on the 18th talked with tech from minelab. On the ctx 3030 out of the box large silver is discriminated in the factory presets. You will need to go in and un shade the very top upper right hand corner. He said these setups where optimized for european coins.....

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just use an very open screen with just the bottom shaded out and you get it all.

OP
OP
J

Jermbo

May 7, 2013
I will be going back to the parks again this weekend, hopefully I will find some silver! Thanks for all the tips guys!

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
what the ctx youtube videos, dirtfishin and gonehunting are very good people to subscribe to.

There is a learning curve on the ctx, but in a week or two you'll feel comfortable, but a month or two, you will be amazed at how little you knew when you thought you knew it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread