Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's likely just telling you to slow down. Hunting in AM will teach you proper swing speed and sensitivity setting.

OP
OP
DigitNY

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's likely just telling you to slow down. Hunting in AM will teach you proper swing speed and sensitivity setting.

Ya that it does, I use multiple detectors and I guess I'm just expecting too much out of it. Thanx for the comment, I think it's a combo of goin to fast,and diggin in some trashy areas. I'm thinking a 6" coil will help.

FL-Kruzen

Greenie
Jun 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I have the same issue with my 305. I'm king of bottle caps. I have a Garrett AT Pro on order and my 305 is on EBay

OP
OP
DigitNY

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I have the same issue with my 305. I'm king of bottle caps. I have a Garrett AT Pro on order and my 305 is on EBay

Let me know how you do with that, I've used an ace250 and just couldn't stand the thought of anything similiar. It's gonna be a better detector any way you look at it, hence the price, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The X-terras are all pretty sweet machines! Very innovative design, and super sensitive. If you haven't already, download Digger's (Randy Horton) e-book 'Understanding your X-Terra'. I would give it some more time and learn it well before you decide to off it! With my 505 using 99 tones, I am able to pull coins right out of the surrounding iron. Slowing down to hear the threshold is important. If it is constantly nulling (dropping out) the threshold, then you need to definitely to slow it down. You may also try reducing the sensitivity and see if that helps. I would also try notching out the lowest iron (-) number and the highest (48). This makes it a bit easier in the really iron infested areas, as these are wrap-around tones, and you won't miss much by notching those 2 numbers only. The 6" coil does help in the trash. I have the 6" 7.5khz coil and I really like it. I would gladly take my X-Terra 505 over the AT Pro any day of the week! How many detectors have the ability to change frequencies by changing the coil? Oh, and I have no desire to submerse my detector so the waterproofing is a non-point to me. Good luck, HH

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry, I was just reading the owners manual for the 305, and realized that the highest ID# on the 305 is 44. Notching out 44 may not be a good idea, as that's where the half dollars and silver dollars hit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread