Earphone conversion on Xterra 705

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just acquired an Xterra 705 and need to use an ear plug with an 1/8" (35mm) jack. I have a mono 1/4 to 1/8 jack I have used on my old whites coinmaster for years. I doenst work on my 705. I called Minelab yesterday and the guy there said that I needed a 'stereo to mono jack. I happened to be on the Minelab form yesterday afternoon and was told there that the Xterras where all 'mono' and a stereo jack wouldn't work. So, is there anyone out there done this already? I know a lot of head sets today are the smaller 35mm type rather than 1/4". I appreciate the assistance as I can't use headsets. I have a hearing disability and need to have a plug in the ear to hear properly. Thanks.

OP
OP
F

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, thanks. That tells me the audio output on the 705 is stereo and not mono as the minelab forum said. I can use a stereo to mono jack for my earplug. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread