maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the beach, turned on the EX, and nothing happened, not a breath of life. So I thought I forgot to charge it, went back home and hooked up the charger, nothing happened, the charger didnt warm up like normal. Hooked the alkaline battery pack, and still nothing. Took the plug apart, and there was a broken wire, from the control box. Trimmed the wires, soldered them back on the plug, still nothing! There is a chance that the wire is broke in another place also, but I cant shorten the wire anymore.

Is there a chance that there is a fuse in the control box, and it has went off?

I hate to send the machine to Australia, since my travel plans have been made. The Ex is about 1½ years old, so out of warranty. Ive had lots of problems with this machine, and starting to think I made a mistake, going with Minelab

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched.gif
Until someone pipes in - I searched
tn_02.gif
and found...Problem with my Excal powering up/charging (Feb 23, 2010,)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
No fuse in the control box. Your going to have to pull the board from the pod and check voltage at the board as the wires come in from the endcap. Check and make sure the ikelite pins are making contact also on the outside..I have fixed one with the broken wire to the ikelite. Most of the time the battery cable is the very last thing to go, very rare to have a break in it
. OBN0094.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread