X-terra 705

okla. prospector

Jun 11, 2013
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother has that detector and has found some really nice finds with it. I wish there was more I could say to help but you have a great unit good luck

swcda

Jun 23, 2012
Back in Coeur d'Alene, ID
Detector(s) used
MineLab X Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you having problems figuring out your machine? There is an awesome PDF download in the minelab members forum for the Xterra series. If you can find it let me know and I will search for the link.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the awesome new machine! Go to the ML site and download Diggers e-book, 'Understanding your X-terra'. It's a veritable goldmine of info for X-terra owners, and offers alot of helpful info even for non-minelab detectorists.

OP
OP
S

SOHCShop

Jun 19, 2013
Thank you for the worm welcome. I have been tinkering around in the back yard, so far I have $.32 and an old ball peen hammer. The wood handle is long gone, but the head is plenty heavy. How do you guys recommend adjusting the tone? Do you prefer a low or a high tone?

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you guys recommend adjusting the tone? Do you prefer a low or a high tone?
Not sure what you mean.
The threshold tone should be barely but clearly audible.
Other than that you have a choice of 1,2,3,4, or 99 (actually 28) target ID tones. Personally, I run in multi tone (28).

Here's a chart that shows where the tone breaks are depending on which you choose.
Xterra Tone Break Chart.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you for the worm welcome. I have been tinkering around in the back yard, so far I have $.32 and an old ball peen hammer. The wood handle is long gone, but the head is plenty heavy. How do you guys recommend adjusting the tone? Do you prefer a low or a high tone?
Are you in the prospecting or treasure hunting mode?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread