CTX SILICONE GREASE USE, WARRANTY CONCERNS

locater

Aug 13, 2013
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites GMT, BH Platinum w/ Fisher F5, 11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are those who think the water seal system on the CTX battery pack is fine, and there are those who think it is worthless, and there are those who fall in the middle of the pack ME, for one.

As I have said in prior posts, I think it is "adequate" under IDEAL circumstances. Could have been much BETTER! It is what it is, anything to help it BE better now, must be adapted to the current design.

I inquired as others may have done, about warranty concerns if you use a silicone lubricant to give added "peace of mind" with the water seal integrity. This may have been already brought up, and posted, but I am a new Ctx owner of only a few weeks, I have seen the use of the silicone lubricant/sealant as a possible help, but was'nt sure how it would effect the warranty, or what Minelab"s position was on it"s use.

This is the reply from a Minelab Customer Care Technician:

"Sir, using valve lubricant or something similar will not void your warranty. Two things DON'T use anything petroleum based as it will degrade the O-ring over time. Also make sure you keep it clean. This will attract sand and other junk to it. So cleaning it and then applying a fresh coat prior to using it in the water would be best. Search for a product called Molykote 111 from Dow Corning. We use it in house."

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding_md.gif
Thanks for taking the time to share you warranty findings locater.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread