Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I've had mixed responses from Minelab. Originally, (when service was available in Vegas) the service was excellent: fast and either inexpensive or 'comped'. Most recently (and with the same machine) I was told they no longer stock parts for my machine, can't fix it and would only offer a discount on buying a new one.
I didn't see that coming: Planned obsolescence-they didn't mention that in their ads nor give me any warning to 'stock up' on spare parts--the end was near.
Don.......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mixed responses from Minelab. Originally, (when service was available in Vegas) the service was excellent: fast and either inexpensive or 'comped'. Most recently (and with the same machine) I was told they no longer stock parts for my machine, can't fix it and would only offer a discount on buying a new one.
I didn't see that coming: Planned obsolescence-they didn't mention that in their ads nor give me any warning to 'stock up' on spare parts--the end was near.
Don.......

Mac, what machine do you have?

If you have repair issues come up I highly recommend you contact the KellyCo Minelab repair center....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter,
Minelab Explorer; and yes, I'll contact Kellyco next--from whom I purchased the machine years ago.
Thanks,
Don..........

I will let Dave know, but I know he salvages all parts from units that come in dead and owners don't want to spend a lot of money to repair s 10 year old detector....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread