Minelab service is awful

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
21 days to get my CTX back and they broke something that was working fine before I sent it in.

I was originally quoted 10-15 days turnaround time mind you also. I had to call every few days for a status update and they kept saying "noone has looked at your machine yet.

I was never given tracking, I had to beg for a tracking number. They are obviously understaffed and have no quality control.

Sent my CTX 3030 in for a speaker that does not work

Got the machine back today,

Now the USB port does not work. Machine not recognized by any computer and yes I've tried multiple cables.

Service ticket says "the machine functions all test to spec" Obviously they did not test anything!

Sorry for the vent but obviously I'm frustrated

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as days, if they say 15 days you do know that is 15 "working" days,? Weekends and holidays are not counted in estimate....

Send your contact and I will have my partner Dave see what happen, he runs kellyco's minelab repair facility

He is due back next week...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
Still doesn't excuse the Incompetence. I guarantee they don't look at any machines until they've been in the shop warehouse until working day 10

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still doesn't excuse the Incompetence. I guarantee they don't look at any machines until they've been in the shop warehouse until working day 10

Think what you want but when yours arrives if they are behind by 10 days then yours will not be looked at till day 11.

Did you call and ask about the USB port....?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What? You think your's should go before every else who has sent equipment in to be repaired? 21 day turn around and your pissed? You need a lesson in reality.

OP
OP
F

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
Opened it up when they were already closed so I couldn't call right away. USB was working fine before I sent it in. Seeing as they had to replace the rear housing, I'm guessing it had to damage the USB port in the process and they never tested it before they mailed it back....

I'll update when I get a response from Minelab tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for your help bud.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
the reality is I shouldn't have had to send the machine in the first place.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
the reality is I shouldn't have had to send the machine in the first place.
.... In reality that is Minelab .. Crap bad service..... Almost every one knows that Minelab has the worse service out there.......

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.... In reality that is Minelab .. Crap bad service..... Almost every one knows that Minelab has the worse service out there.......

I would disagree with your statement.

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A situation like this is why it's nice to have purchased your machine from a local dealer. If mine were damaged I'd take it to my dealer and he would take care of everything else. He probably would have a loner machine for me to use too.

OP
OP
F

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
Thanks for the support guys.

I wouldn't really mind and you're right I rarely use the program download upload.

The only real reason I'm concerned is not being able to install firmware updates should they be released....

Hopefully they resolve this issue without much trouble...I will update

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have had a couple machines serviced over the years and always gotten good service...,.

OP
OP
F

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
**Update**

Minelab sent me another RMA label and said my repair will be at the "head of the line".

I asked if I could wait till Jan/Feb to send in as I'd like to use it now as its not something I need to have fixed immediately.

They said no. You have to send it in now........another week plus I need to wait again..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
**Update**

Minelab sent me another RMA label and said my repair will be at the "head of the line".

I asked if I could wait till Jan/Feb to send in as I'd like to use it now as its not something I need to have fixed immediately.

They said no. You have to send it in now........another week plus I need to wait again..

Do you have any kind of back up detector at all? I have 5 and not because one might break down, 2 are for in the water 2 for the land and one detector is for competition seeded hunts with a freq shifter...

OP
OP
F

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
I have a Teknetics eurotek pro I can use, so yes I do have a spare...it's a little bit of a crutch to use..and it's no CTX.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab use to have horrible service, in fact you couldn't even get a hold of them. That was years ago. I sent my Excal in for repair a year ago and had great, fast service. The phone tech help was great too - Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience.

OP
OP
F

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
This is what they said "Usually we expect the repair to arrive with-in a week after issuing the RMA#. Please send in your repair to avoid further issues."

So I sent it in.

They Got it on Wednesday the 11th.

The is what they said when I asked about it

"we received your repair in yesterday and it was marked “special attention” to be moved to the front line of repair. The tech will contact you with a follow up on the diagnosis soon. Thanks again for your inquiry"

Still haven't heard back from them.....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"we received your repair in yesterday and it was marked “special attention” to be moved to the front line of repair. The tech will contact you with a follow up on the diagnosis soon. Thanks again for your inquiry"

Still haven't heard back from them.....

OMG! A whole 2 days! How horrible! :dontknow:

OP
OP
F

fsdigital12

Jun 20, 2010
OMG! A whole 2 days! How horrible! :dontknow:

Sure is horrible. They should have fixed it that day and sent out the next, overnighting it would have been even better!.

That is Good Customer service. Especially since they messed up not me.

Considering they are an international company with such large profits and other competition, there is no excuse for this horrible service.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering they are an international company, they probably have a LOT of repairs to do. Considering that they have to check ALL the circuits to diagnose the root of the problem and make sure it's right, what do you expect? If you don't like Minelab detectors, sell it and go buy something else. Just quit *****ing because a human repairing your detector by hand isn't performing miracles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread