Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not real familiar with Safari compared to the Etrac which I use, but I believe you could run less discrimination to hear the targets being nulled out. I mostly run multitone-conductive in areas with can slaw/aluminum trash or 2 tone ferrous in iron infested areas. I have a 6x8 SEF coil or my Etrac that's great in trashy areas with great depth.

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smaller coil will help. It will separate better in trash. If its in a null you really need to slow down. Super deep but you have to go slow.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smaller coil will help. It will separate better in trash. If its in a null you really need to slow down. Super deep but you have to go slow.
I agree, smaller and slower is the key.

Too much sensitivity can also contribute to the problem. More isn't always better. Think about driving in fog with your high beams on. Just as with your headlights, cutting the sensitivity down a little can in some cases allow you to actually see more or better.

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Safari, I mostly hunt on 12 to 16. I do null once in a while, not to where it has become a problem. I only hunt higher when I am in a very clean area. Good luck, that would drive me nuts.
Jim

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost always run in auto sensitive. .I will try lowering it...I also looked into getting the 41/2 by 7 coil...

tinman68

Aug 5, 2011
vp il
Primary Interest:
Other
x5 works great in trash sens on 14 . Passed up lots of silver with the stock coil first week got 5 silver in my yard. You must go slowww you will be surprised what you are passing up. If you go slow you don't need null

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
x5 works great in trash sens on 14 . Passed up lots of silver with the stock coil first week got 5 silver in my yard. You must go slowww you will be surprised what you are passing up. If you go slow you don't need null

What do you mean by you dont need null??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread