• ForumRunner_20131010_211159.png
    ForumRunner_20131010_211159.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 76

cahil_2

Apr 27, 2012
West. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac,
Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. Got to love minelab machines.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out today found quite a few coins, including this 1910 v nickel. It is in rough shape but I found it in a hole with 3 nails and a memorial penny of all things. TTF came thru. It rings thru when a good target is near iron. I was amazed.

Nice work! The Minelab E-Trac is a coin killer! Here is proof!

OP
OP
M

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Nice work! The Minelab E-Trac is a coin killer! Here is proof!

I am starting to have the confidence in it that I do the dfx. But I want to be clear; I never found any targets with the dfx with nails in the hole when coin shooting. This alone sets the etrac apart from any detector I personally have ever used. The dfx is a good machine still, but I am very impressed with the etrac. It isnt just hype, its the real deal. And I have more to learn as I have only had it for about 3 weeks. It was fairly easy to use the first day I took it out. The biggest thing is the sounds and tid being so different than vdi. Have a general idea about those two things before your first outing and you will have an easier time. I know it helped me.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am starting to have the confidence in it that I do the dfx. But I want to be clear; I never found any targets with the dfx with nails in the hole when coin shooting. This alone sets the etrac apart from any detector I personally have ever used. The dfx is a good machine still, but I am very impressed with the etrac. It isnt just hype, its the real deal. And I have more to learn as I have only had it for about 3 weeks. It was fairly easy to use the first day I took it out. The biggest thing is the sounds and tid being so different than vdi. Have a general idea about those two things before your first outing and you will have an easier time. I know it helped me.

Great report! Sounds like your got it figured out. Most people that have trouble can easily be fixed by just slowing down. The E-Trac can be awesome but you have to go slow.... AUDIO AUDIO AUDIO!

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I pulled a 1907 V Nickle out of a bunch of iron a few weeks back by switching over to TTF. I was amazed!

OP
OP
M

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Great report! Sounds like your got it figured out. Most people that have trouble can easily be fixed by just slowing down. The E-Trac can be awesome but you have to go slow.... AUDIO AUDIO AUDIO!

Its getting there. I thought it would take longer to get to the level I am at now in terms of understanding the basics, but I have been pleasantly surprised. The learning curve might have been a little faster even than the dfx. What really helps is the patterns you can download which takes a lot of the guesswork out of whether or not you have it set correctly. I like the trigger pinpoint better on the dfx still. But I think the pinpoint on the etrac is just as accurate as the dfx, it s the pushpad pinpoint I am not fond of in general. All of the other features give it the advantage. I will be tumbling clad all week to clean everything I have found in the past 3 weeks, and this is in areas I have hunted pretty hard in the past.

OP
OP
M

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I pulled a 1907 V Nickle out of a bunch of iron a few weeks back by switching over to TTF. I was amazed!

That's great. That TTF really works. I prefer multi tone when I can use it, but I switch back and forth, especially if I notice it nulling out. Per Bart's pointers I slow down, switch on TTF, and see if there is a keeper in amongst the iron. I have found quite a few coins in areas I walked right over before. This is a great detector and am very happy I went ahead and got it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread