Brian NH

Aug 20, 2012
Rochester NH
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro withh 11" DD Coil
Deteknix Xpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well had to sell my Whites M6 last fall due to financial reasons. I know it’s late in the season but I think, financially its time again to regain my newly found hobby.
I found a Minelab safari, used for 600$ & NIB Safari 800$ from same owner. Also leaning towards the Minelab X-Terra 505/705 &
Garret AT Pro. Will be doing mostly relic and coin hunting. Any suggestion comments would be greatly appreciated.
Also posted in general forum. Thought I could get more help here.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"For The Money", a used 705 is tough to beat. :thumbsup:
It can easily be had for less than a new ATP, is lighter than the Safari, and it provides the user with as much info as the Safari while having more auto/manual features, making it more versitile.
It's NOT waterproof, and 4 of the 12 available coils aren't either, but the ability to choose frequencies with a coil change, GB Tracking & Tracking Offset, having Beach Mode/ CT Mode/ and Prospector Mode, and choice of Pinpoint ID or Pinpoint Sizing make it a great value. It even has a Backlight for night hunting.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think any of those three would serve you well.... but I also agree that the 705 is the most capable of the bunch and would be my pick from that list.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well had to sell my Whites M6 last fall due to financial reasons. I know it’s late in the season but I think, financially its time again to regain my newly found hobby.
I found a Minelab safari, used for 600$ & NIB Safari 800$ from same owner. Also leaning towards the Minelab X-Terra 505/705 &
Garret AT Pro. Will be doing mostly relic and coin hunting. Any suggestion comments would be greatly appreciated.
Also posted in general forum. Thought I could get more help here.

The Minelab X-Terra 705 and Garrett AT Pro would be my picks. Put the 5x8 on the AT pro and look out! Great setup there!

Holler with any question you may have on any of them. I have lots of experience with all of them and be glad to share it.

Thanks! Bart

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the 705 from bart grest deal! It works great you wont regret it. Bart will trestvyou right.

OP
OP
B

Brian NH

Aug 20, 2012
Rochester NH
Detector(s) used
Deteknix Xpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your help. I had a bite on a used 705 but missed it. I considered the AT Pro. No need for water proof machine. Looks like the 705 has more going for it. Thanks for the Big Boys Hobbies link. I looked into his site, Great Deals< Great packages very flexible. He will be my 1st choice when I purchase If I cant find good used one.
Thank you, Brian

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried them both out at Streeters in Marlborough nh. I liked the pro better. I liked the etrac better than the pro but didn't have the money. I do like the fact you can hunt in rain without worry, that has come in handy.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
If you like to coin hunt, I would buy the safari. I got the etrac a couple of months ago and it has amazed me. I have never used a safari but if it performs anything like is big brother, you would be satisfied. That fbs is tough to beat.

OP
OP
B

Brian NH

Aug 20, 2012
Rochester NH
Detector(s) used
Deteknix Xpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you like to coin hunt, I would buy the safari. I got the etrac a couple of months ago and it has amazed me. I have never used a safari but if it performs anything like is big brother, you would be satisfied. That fbs is tough to beat.
I Found a sweat deal on a Safari. It should be her today.

Last edited:

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I Found a sweat deal on a Safari. It should be her today.

Congrats on the safari. I didn't have anybody in my area that owned an etrac, so I watched numerous videos and read all I could before I got it. I had a general idea of what to expect when i got it after doing that. I have seen some good youtube videos on the safari. I think once you get the sounds down, you will love it. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread