cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We don't have much of a winter here, either. After spending 5 winters in the UP of Michigan......I know what snow is!! I kind miss a little snow, we just don't get it here.
I think winter came on a Thursday last year, still waiting for this year's winter.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This time of the year, I think I'd use the other side of the compass! :laughing7:

Thanks Cuda we had a high of 9 today.

I think it was 2 years ago I had a business trip to San Diego in the winter, wasn't a hard trip to make. Spent a liitle time there in the past, have friends in North County and Mission Valley.

Some carnitas at Old Town Mex and then hitting the beaches to detect doesn't sound bad right about now.

HH,

Pete

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live at the east end of Mission Valley myself. If you make it back here, give me a yell if you need a hunting guide! I've been to the beach the last three days. Sunny, mid 70's, calm, girls in bikini's, what more can you ask for? Well....maybe a few good targets! :laughing7:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live at the east end of Mission Valley myself. If you make it back here, give me a yell if you need a hunting guide! I've been to the beach the last three days. Sunny, mid 70's, calm, girls in bikini's, what more can you ask for? Well....maybe a few good targets! :laughing7:
I'll be there tomorrow! Lol. I wish! I've been at work since 4:30am and have 2 more hours to go. You're killing me with that description of a sunny beach mirage!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by cudamark

I live at the east end of Mission Valley myself. If you make it back here, give me a yell if you need a hunting guide! I've been to the beach the last three days. Sunny, mid 70's, calm, girls in bikini's, what more can you ask for? Well....maybe a few good targets!
laughing7.gif

I'll be there tomorrow! Lol. I wish! I've been at work since 4:30am and have 2 more hours to go. You're killing me with that description of a sunny beach mirage!

Sheesh. You got an Etrac for the metal targets and you should have a "built-in, internal detector" to find the good targets amongst the bikini clad girls. What more could you wish for?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have a bit of that scenario in your neck of the woods too! Your area is a snow bird destination just as much as mine....if not more!

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Santa gave me a 15 WOT for my Etrac which she got from Bart. Thanks Bart! I've only used it once for about an hour and found a wheatie down about 8 or 9 inches that I've gone over many times with other coils. it's heavy but I will get used to it. Bought a Swingie Thingie off e-Bay which should help a bit with the weight.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Santa gave me a 15 WOT for my Etrac which she got from Bart. Thanks Bart! I've only used it once for about an hour and found a wheatie down about 8 or 9 inches that I've gone over many times with other coils. it's heavy but I will get used to it. Bought a Swingie Thingie off e-Bay which should help a bit with the weight.

Bart at Big Boys Hobbies is the only place to go for detectors and/or accessories. Not saying he is the only good vendor, but, he is ahead of whoever is in second place!!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice work on that find! Congrats! That coil is a killer!

vandaria

May 11, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-trac,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Confused..what is the difference between the one that has the well ..spokes and the other which is just an open ring?

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confused..what is the difference between the one that has the well ..spokes and the other which is just an open ring?

They are both the same coils, The only reason that one has spider legs is because people started saying that the older one was flexing & causing false signals so they went & added legs. But both coils are great hope this answers your question.

vandaria

May 11, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-trac,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes thank you! I have two fields I like to play in and thought this would be great!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to beat the Colitek WOT's deep performance on an Etrac or Explorer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread