Sling, Harness For Minelab Which One?

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ML Pro-Swing is the most comfortable I've tried, but also the most expensive. It is very well built and has a support rod that is integrated into harness to take the weight off your neck. It's well worth the money if you want to swing a heavy 15" coil IMO

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a camelbac and hooked bungee to it. I like it better than the other harnesses I have used as I always have fresh cold water with me. Camelbac holds 2 liters and with D rings I can also carry other things...

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Last edited:
OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I have never heard of those before I will check them out thanks :icon_thumright:

I bought a camelback and hooked bungee to it. I like it better than the other harnesses I have used as I always have fresh cold water with me. Camelback holds 2 liters and with "D" rings I can also carry other things...

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought a Garrett ATX which comes with a shoulder sling/harness. The ATX weighs in at about 6 pounds and was a bear to swing until I tried their strap, it worked wonders so I bought a different strap/harness that looked like it might work the same the Sims LimbSaver metal detector strap....it worked but just not the same as the one that came with the ATX.... I later found out the strap Garrett is putting in with the ATX is a modified Detecting Buddy sling.... trust me, for $24 that sling just plain works. The strap goes over your back from the opposite shoulder and is adjustable. With the elastic on the end of the sling, nearly all weight is taken off the arm and you can smoothly swing all day. Instead of changing the ATX strap to my CTX, I bought the Detector Buddy sling for my CTX. I highly recommend the Detecting Buddy sling.... and I am not at all affiliated with the maker..... the product just plain works for me! You can find it via Google or Bing.

Cliff

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the one I use too, and it works fine. I've used the Detecting Buddy for a while now but I can see down the road that it will have to be replaced now and then. The elastic on mine went bad after about 120 hours of use. I just grabbed a universal bungee off the shelf and it works as a good replacement. Now after about 200 hours of use, the nylon strap at the "Y" is fraying and won't last much longer. Short of folding it over and resewing it, I don't see a way of fixing that. Has anyone put lots of hours in on the ProSwing? I know several people who like it but they haven't used it all that long.

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen the detector buddys on ebay was waiting to see if anyone posted anything about those. I will probably go with one of those, but I also seen were people use trimmer, weedeater harness. I have been looking at those & some of those look strong & there cheap to. Thought I would pass along that info. Thanks for the input its always nice & helpful when you hear about products that people have used. :occasion14: Thanks

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Detecting buddy works great,is simple to use and costs about $24.As said,the little bungee that goes on the detector will wear out after 6 months or so.I got me an extra for free.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using a Doc's Swingy-Thigy for a couple years and love it. The new version looks like it would work even better than the old version I have.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Pro-Swing is my first and I really like it. Little tricky to set-up and there isn't enough belt space to put pouches, but I am very happy with it. One of my better investments.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had good positive feedback on the Pro-Swing 45... except for the pouch mounting issue mentioned by Pointman. Minelab Pro-Swing 45 They are pricey, but the folks who have them seem to really like them.

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get a sling or harness or you could look like this guy...

Attachments

• image-1657375739.jpg
    image-1657375739.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 232

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I tried first the detecting budy harness and I didn't liked it so much, felt awkward, besides if you don't get the back strap straight with your back and neck its feeling is really unconfortable, and with the motion of the scoop in the other hand and constantly bending to pickup targets or to wash your hands off the sand the strap gets screwed up.

Bought the pro swing and first I felt like a robot or something like that lol and you need some time to adjust ALL of the adjustments to your needs but once you have it set it feels good, infact after using it for a couple of hours I tried to swing the MD without it and then I realized how much it was helping me out really, its a very good harness, might look complicated but its awesome.

Bayoubreeze

Mar 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hipstick looks like worth a shot

I just purchased a new 15" coiltek coil for my se pro & now looking to purchase a harness, sling which ever one is best. I want something that wont be a bother to work with. Which one do you guys & gals like that does the best job? Thanks for any help :dontknow:

Link for hipstick w/intuctions

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I find the Detctor buddy hurts my neck and bunches up under my armpit so I am going to look into the Minelab Pro!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the Detctor buddy hurts my neck and bunches up under my armpit so I am going to look into the Minelab Pro!
RustyGold, the Proswing is a great harness. FYI the instructions are pictorials of how to assemble and wear harness (head scratching) It took me several times using and adjusting it before I had it where it was comfortable to wear. Good luck!!!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Fletch for the tips!
I made the Detector Buddy a lot more comfortable by folding the strap in half at the armpit! Holding it in the folded position I was able to add 3 velcro tape bands to help keep it folded. Now it's way more comfortable and I use it on my new SE Pro without problems.
8-)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread