Bought myself a 10" x 12" SEF coil - Anyone know how long the warranty is?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here here back to our point at hand he is right your gonna like the sef coil guarantee it

Got it yesterday. Will be a while before I can try it but i do like the size and shape. What I don't like compared to my old stock coil is how the shaft is centered on the coil.... because I'll no longer be after to keep my detector shaft very short when I hunt with the coil just in front of my feet when I'm on a site in the iron. Now I'll have to extend the shaft to keep the coil out in front, which shouldn't be too much of a problem because I don't find the detector heavy, but if I add my Sunray probe just those few inches will make a difference over a few hours. Wouldn't it be great if a person could design their own coil. My gut feeling is even if my old white stock coil is still good I'll be happy enough to make the change and not look back... at least that is what I'm hoping because it will be good to know I'm back to a set up which I can use for many years, and if you've ready any of my posts you know once I find what works well I do not like to change it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it yesterday. Will be a while before I can try it but i do like the size and shape. What I don't like compared to my old stock coil is how the shaft is centered on the coil.... because I'll no longer be after to keep my detector shaft very short when I hunt with the coil just in front of my feet when I'm on a site in the iron. Now I'll have to extend the shaft to keep the coil out in front, which shouldn't be too much of a problem because I don't find the detector heavy, but if I add my Sunray probe just those few inches will make a difference over a few hours. Wouldn't it be great if a person could design their own coil. My gut feeling is even if my old white stock coil is still good I'll be happy enough to make the change and not look back... at least that is what I'm hoping because it will be good to know I'm back to a set up which I can use for many years, and if you've ready any of my posts you know once I find what works well I do not like to change it.

You'll get used to how it mounts for me i think in reality if I recal right it was heavier then the 10dd but the way it mounted it was Very well balances
I didn't recall any issues with mine havin my sunray on it to I was goin to move the probé to the rear just to get things off the stem, might be an option, I hope it workd for you, I think it will be worth it in the end

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll get used to how it mounts for me i think in reality if I recal right it was heavier then the 10dd but the way it mounted it was Very well balances
I didn't recall any issues with mine havin my sunray on it to I was goin to move the probé to the rear just to get things off the stem, might be an option, I hope it workd for you, I think it will be worth it in the end

I'd guess it's about the same weight as my old one, but because I will have to keep the shaft longer it will be heavier. But I agree I'll get used to it. Still looking at about 7 weeks before I can try it out, but if I like it I'll probably get the bigger one too.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the 6x8,10x12 & 12x15 its a huge difference the 15",one I rarley myself used it you do need alot if room to get the best out of it. I found myself more using the other 2. But hey thats me. Could always set it up & put the sunray on it adjust its height either higher or lower put the probé on the side under the arm cuff

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the 6x8,10x12 & 12x15 its a huge difference the 15",one I rarley myself used it you do need alot if room to get the best out of it. I found myself more using the other 2. But hey thats me. Could always set it up & put the sunray on it adjust its height either higher or lower put the probé on the side under the arm cuff

I'd use the 15" when walking fields looking for a site, and there is definitely enough room.... too much sometimes! I really just need confirmation I like the 10x12 because I've already decided to get the larger one, just need to make sure I don't end up with two coils I am not fond of. But I'm sure it will work out.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly, awesome you got the room, ill keep an eye out for ya on the larger, the good thing is if for some reason you dont like the middle size alot of others are wanting them & having the v rated one it will work for just about all the other machines dfx,mxt, unlike those models wont work for the v

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread