ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you don't have to worry about counterfeits, because if you're buying a used 3030 it's not hard to follow the paper trail back to a reliable source. That's a total non issue. What is an issue is if you buy one with no warranty and have a problem, because the higher end Minelabs are insanely expensive to fix if something like the main circuit board fails. If this happens with an Explorer, when it's all said and done it's right in the ball park of being the same cost as buying a new one! So to buy used you want to do two things, trace the sale back to the original source, and make sure the detector has some warranty left. I would accept a 2 yr warranty to save several hundred dollars, but if only one year I would probably choose to go new.

I agree; everyone has their own comfort level.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering about the glare issue on the screen,if anyone tried different color lens on their glasses like red or yellow.If it would make a difference and also why is it called 3030.

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was at Bill Southern's outing (Nuggetshooters forum) last weekend. A fellow had a mutual friends 30-30 new in the box for sale. Guess friend has givin up on getting out. Believe asking price was $1400. Don't have permission to give names and such out, but one might inquire about it on forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread