3030 at a price of

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking of getting a 3030 .was wondering what I would expect to pay.I no what they list for.Is there any deals out there or should I go direct or even just go the etrac way.yes I don't own a etrac or any other minelab. Just want to get the updated model cause it will be my unit for along time.

cahil_2

Apr 27, 2012
West. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab e-trac,
Garrett Pro pointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator 31 Digger, Minelab pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do believe that most of the dealers are priced about the same. They will all give you good service. You can read their reviews on this site. I bought my 3030 from my local dealer here in Michigan because I wanted to support him and I paid full price and I knew it would cost me more but we have got to support these guys.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for repley

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cahil thanks I understand about support I would of highlighted your post, but not sure how to do it yet. I only have one dealer around here in westboro ma where I bought my atpro. I can give them a call when ready to purchase.To get a price.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$2499.00 seems to be everyones price, for just the detector

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You're going to find that getting a bag is going to be kinda awkward. The rod disconnects from the control unit and upper shaft. I ended up just getting a larger Garrett bag for the Etrac, and it really just doesn't seem to be the right carrier for it - and paid too much. I'd certainly be interested in what other Etrac or CTX users have chosen.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can beat that if you call around. Check with our supporting vendors here on Tnet and your local detector dealer if you have one. Many dealers have incentives to buy from them. If you need (or want) those incentives, that might be a good reason to buy from them. Tech and user support is another thing to consider.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have a local dealer, but I would put a million on it that if I call them right now they would push the deus. Not knocking them or the unit it is still to new to me .Don't no if all the bugs are out and don't want to be the raid

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$2499.00 seems to be everyones price, for just the detector

This is list price. From what I understand vendors don't suppose to adjust from this, but you need to call them direct to see. I always try and negotiate detector purchases, especially new ones.

I still carry my CTX as is. I think that if I do find a bag that will fit (I am not paying $60 for one), I would take advantage that the CTX will fold down about a foot shorter when you loosen the lower shaft.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kellyco will deal if you just ask. They know their throw-ins "arent the best", but if you want something else you have to Negotiate or at least make an offer.

All dealers (well, all I have dealt with or know of) will Deal if you ask. Minelab is very strict on only advertising msrp and reportedly strongarms dealers to stick to that price. Dealers get around this with throw ins. QUALITY Coils, pinpointers, digging tools, other detectors (or discounts thereon), shipping, and pretty much anything that they carry is negotiable. But you have to Ask. And it always is better to ask politely, not demand. Certainly dealer support rep, convenience, and supporting local business is important and should be considerations to the individuals preference. I personlly never try to beat someone out of the last nickel on a deal, but getting something that I want in one deal over the other makes for a simple choice of who to buy from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a set price dealers are not allowed to sell below if they want to retain the right to sell Minelab products...

If you ask Kellyco might allow you to use the cost of the freebies for something else.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks for all the info it is helpfull.I figerd that the price would be around 2300 to 2400 . I know minelab don't come down much any way.supply and demand.I was just wondering what they where going for now I would rather have the CTX . but would be a sacafice.every one knows how picking your next detector out is. But on the other hand I remember this quote someone said. He said I been detecting for15 years and was on my fifth .detector when I stoped comparing them and doing a lot more research did my finds increase.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a set price dealers are not allowed to sell below if they want to retain the right to sell Minelab products...

This is correct.... We can't go below the minimum advertised price, and each dealer is allowed to offer their unique package of incentives only on their own website.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey thanks for all the info it is helpfull.I figerd that the price would be around 2300 to 2400 . I know minelab don't come down much any way.supply and demand.I was just wondering what they where going for now I would rather have the CTX . but would be a sacafice.every one knows how picking your next detector out is. But on the other hand I remember this quote someone said. He said I been detecting for15 years and was on my fifth .detector when I stoped comparing them and doing a lot more research did my finds increase.

I have to agree with you on the last part of your post. Find a good detector and get to know it is better then hopping around and trying to find the latest and greatest. A detector CAN always be limited by the experience of the detectorist.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy used and save. Then you can afford headphones and a pinpointer (which you also buy used).

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know......I've always had a problem using headphones that someone else has been sweating into for goodness knows how long! :nono:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pointman makes a point (heh-heh) that I heartily agree with. The man that is One with his detector will almost always outhunt a man who isn't, regardless of the machines involved (within reason).

I am personally leery of buying used with the counterfeits showing up (minelabs). When I lay out big dough, I'm willing to pay a bit extra to get my machine from an authorized dealer. But to each his own.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTF?

in my post #10 in this thread, it shows jeff in pa to have edited my post.
the post looks the same as I posted it to the best of my memory. no bad words, no links, no nuttin.
whats up, jeff?

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't begrudge anyone making a living (profit) from the sale of something. Very few makers of goods today enjoy the luxury of forbidding their resellers from selling below list. Apple, and in the old days Harley Davidson used to enjoy that privileged status. Even Apple products are starting to go on "Sale" earlier in their product life-cycle. Usually a product will stay at list only for a short while after its first released, then good old capitalism kicks in, and sellers who are willing to make a little less profit lower their prices in an effort to make it up in volume.

As much as I love this hobby, I don't like industry's practice. I totally understand WHY the manufacturers want it this way.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pointman makes a point (heh-heh) that I heartily agree with. The man that is One with his detector will almost always outhunt a man who isn't, regardless of the machines involved (within reason).

I am personally leery of buying used with the counterfeits showing up (minelabs). When I lay out big dough, I'm willing to pay a bit extra to get my machine from an authorized dealer. But to each his own.

Well you don't have to worry about counterfeits, because if you're buying a used 3030 it's not hard to follow the paper trail back to a reliable source. That's a total non issue. What is an issue is if you buy one with no warranty and have a problem, because the higher end Minelabs are insanely expensive to fix if something like the main circuit board fails. If this happens with an Explorer, when it's all said and done it's right in the ball park of being the same cost as buying a new one! So to buy used you want to do two things, trace the sale back to the original source, and make sure the detector has some warranty left. I would accept a 2 yr warranty to save several hundred dollars, but if only one year I would probably choose to go new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread