cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm sure it will have some turn-on-and-go programs too. There are probably some Safari users here with some recommended tweaks for various types of hunts and ground conditions.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just turn on and go! That's the good thing about Minelab. I would hunt with stock programs for at least 10-15 hunts before you tweak anything or you can be hurting yourself. Just become familiar with target audio and vid responses and I wouldn't necessarily find the trashiest places to start with. Congrats on your new toy and HH!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Msdigger22

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Xp deus ,minelab safari, whites mx5, fisher f70 ,Garrett at pro, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I'm hoping I can get used to the tones I'm used to Garrett's but the minelabs got the best of me I always see u guys pulling great stuff I was going to get the etrac but found a great deal on the safari for the price I figured it would be good to cut my teeth on. Is it a pretty deep detector with the at pro I pull wheats out at around 8 in with solid readings. I'm just a little nervous

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is as deep as the Etrac, has greater depth capabilities than the ATP. It really shines in highly mineralized soil and can search the wet salt sand at the beach very well. If it is making all kinds of noises in an area with a lot of trash cut back on the sensitivity. I sometimes cut back 30% in trashy area and still hit coins at 7-8", and all the chatter is really lessened. You also need to swing slower than the ATP, and if you hunt parks and other trashy areas you will probably want to drop down to an 8" coil. I got an 8" Sunray coil for mine for park use. The Minelab chatter drives some folks nuts, but like I said you can get rid of some of it by experimenting with the sensitivity and threshold controls. In fields and areas with little trash it runs nice and deep and quiet wide open (little or no discrimination). Hope you learn it well and have a blast with it!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions